We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cozumel in January

Which Cozumel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
Cozumel in January

We are planning a trip to Cozumel in January 2012. Would like some suggestions on very romantic places to stay that are beach front. We'd like to stay about a month. A vacation rental, hotel, B&B or maybe a combination of these are all worth considering. We'd like to relax on the beach, snorkle and prefer an area that is for couples and adults. Would appreciate suggestions for accommodations that are moderate to expensive in price range. Thanks.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cozumel in January

Playa Azul....

MinneSNOWta
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Alexandria
Level Contributor
2,875 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cozumel in January

They are all pretty family friendly (except one of the Wyndham properties..Sabor?) BUT, in January, for a month, highly unlikely you'd be overrun by kiddos, other than locals.

Agree with Playa Azul, boutique hotel on the quiet north end. You will see locals and their families there on Sundays.

No B&B's oceanfront so I'd suggest some condos if not hotels.

Hacienda Monte Cristo - several different condos, some with oceanview, 1/2 block to gorgeous beach that goes on forever, no snorkeling there

then just a little closer to town Las Brisas, Palmas Reales, Marazul, Nah Ha, Miramar, Cantamar (perhaps not in the right order) all very nice, varying ranges in price and all offer oceanfront/good snorkeling.

In town(just south), the only condo is El Cantil (norte y sur towers) and a restaurant on top of Norte bldg. Walking distance to town and grocery.

There are also condos south of town...Residencias Reef, Paradise Condos, Costa del Sol (sure I'm missing some). I've been at some but not stayed there. It's too far out for me.

Hope this helps a little...

Fairfield
Level Contributor
84 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cozumel in January

Once you go rental you never go back. We rent a little place in town but there are some great places just past the harbor with thier own water entry.http://www.rentalscozumel.com/

Here is a listing for the Casa Grande I never rented it was to rich form my blood but it sounds really nice.

We rented this place google it don't have the wed address

Casa Alegria - Hacienda MonteCristo when there was three of us.

When it is just my Gf and myself we stay here

http://www.domegos.com/2862/Casa+Tulipan

Its in town in a local neighberhood. A really nice lady owns it and she has really shown us around and made us feel like its our second home. Its not by the beach but we rent a bug for $35 a day from Isses and hang out on the east side when we are not diving.

The really bad thing is I am totally hooked on Coz now and I won't go anywhere else. It is risky once you feel at home.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Cozumel in January

Baldwin's Guest house. You won't regret. Tell them Eric Wyatt sent you. It's not beach front, but its such a small island, and wait until you get a load of their layout. Dale and Kathy are amazing, and I'm planning to GET AWAY in January.

Edited: 02 October 2012, 02:16
Gilbert, Arizona...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cozumel in January

We have ONLY stayed at the El Presidente.. it is now called the Intercontinental Presidente I think--on North side.. we will return in January.The beach there is so easy to get in and out of and some of the BEST SNORKELING will be right there! Lovely palapa restaurant.. marimba music..can get cabs to town if you want.. easy to rent a car and explore the wild side too,from here.. my husband can scuba ,they have a dive shop on premises, you can snorkel from the hotel beach (BETTER THAN Chankanub Park!!!!!!) or take a boat out to a reef from the dock there.. It is very romantic and classy-- I HIGHLY recommend!

Texas
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cozumel in January

The original post is over a year old...and the Presidente is not north...it's on the west side of the island...south of town. What up?

Gilbert, Arizona...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cozumel in January

oops! got my directions all mixed up! I googled Cozumel January to check up on weather for janaury-- it's been a couple of years since we have been back.. and this post came up-- I did not see the YEAR! LOL!!!!! I see how old this post is! But COZ itself never gets old!

i still love El President..although when we travel other places we often do rentals through VRBO.I love being RIGHT ON a great snorkeling beach when we are in Coz. Hard to go wrong ANYWHERE in this beautiful paradise, all depends on what kind of experience you're looking for..

I think I need to go get some more coffee!!!!! And put on my glasses!

8. Re: Cozumel in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 23:15