We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the right hotel...

Montreal, Qc, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Looking for the right hotel...

Hi, i'm planning a one week vacation in Cancun in october with few friends... i'm 25 years old and i'm looking to have a good time but not for hard partying either... i went to Mayan Riviera in the past so i'm looking for something different this time. As i said i would like to be able to party when i want but also rest and relax. For accomodations, I'm looking for a nice hotel (4* minimum) with few "a la carte" restaurents and buffet. Clean room, beautiful beach, good food, etc.

If anybody can advise me, it would be great !

Thank you !

hiptraveller2000

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,681 posts
184 reviews
1. Re: Looking for the right hotel...

The Riu Cancun always comes up as a suggestions. Check out the reviews and pix to the left.

Northwest...
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Looking for the right hotel...

I was at the GCP or now called the Golden Parnasseus or what ever... it was amazin... adults only, good party group but also laid back and not to crazy. I was ther with my paretns (I am 24/f) and I still had a blast.

I also stayed at Riu Caribe, but I enjoyed the adults only aspect of the GP

Bloomington, IL
Level Contributor
495 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Looking for the right hotel...

DO NOT even consider Oasis Cancun ......... what a youth hostel slum it is ........... I wound up there on a 4 Apple Square Deal, and after staying at the Golden Parnassus before, I wondered what I had done to deserve something so bad as the Oasis Cancun!!

At the Oasis Cancun, I felt like I had fallen into a human cesspool and couldn't get out for a week ............ and I'm no stuffed-shirt, I can drink and party and tell jokes with the best of them ........... do your research before you go .............. I loved the Golden Parnassus and will never go on one of those trips again where you find out where your accomodations are at the departing airport!!

Montreal, Qc, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Looking for the right hotel...

i read so much bad reviews about the Oasis that i was scared to go to Cancun... i won't go there for sure ! Thanks for the advice !

Montreal, Qc, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Looking for the right hotel...

i read so much bad reviews about the Oasis that i was scared to go to Cancun... i won't go there for sure ! Thanks for the advice !

Bloomington, IL
Level Contributor
495 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Looking for the right hotel...

hiptraveler2000, good for you ........ been to both Cancun and the Riviera Maya ........ I prefer Cancun for the buses and ease of getting around, and my favorite hotel by far is the Golden Parnassus .......

Bloomington, IL
Level Contributor
495 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Looking for the right hotel...

bump

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Looking for the right hotel...

hiptrveler,

You mentioned ala carte restaurants so I'm assuming you would not prefer an AI. With that, I would suggest the Omni or JW Marriott. They are both very nice resorts yet not so upscale they are uptight.

There are quite a few threads on these. Maybe one of them would meet your approval.

Cheryl

Mpls
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
9. Re: Looking for the right hotel...

I think the Omni Cancun Hotel would be perfect for what you're looking for. They have the only Jacuzzi bar in Cancun, which I'd bet you'd love. It's a wonderful hotel with great service any yummy food also.

10. Re: Looking for the right hotel...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 14:17