We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni

indiana
12 posts
Save Topic
Omni

Can anybody tell me the Omni looks now after Hurricane Wilma?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
515 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni

It looks about the same from the outside.

Texas
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni

It looks much the same. The pool areas have been redone and so has the Jacuzzi bar. They've put little round stone tables throughout the water in the bar. I don't know if they refurbished the rooms or not. They were beginning to show some signs of wear and were looking dated.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni

Well, at least the room I stayed in had obviously been renovated. The bathroom seemed brand new. Everything was very clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Mpls
Level Contributor
214 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni

I have stayed at the Omni three times since Wilma (March, April and June 2006). The Omni is better than ever, as they just underwent a $15 million dollar renovation. The following have been redone and updated.........

Pools all redone and deepened

Swimup bar is new

Jacuzzi bar is brand new

Pina Colada beach restaurant is brand new

All rooms have been redone and are quite nice

Lobby has been remodeled

The La Paloma now has an outdoor terrace area to dine at (nice)

I know there is even more, but I don't have time right now to list everything. You will be happy at the Omni, so don't worry. The best part to the Omni is that the staff is truly exceptional and they will do about anything to please. Oh, and their beach is AWESOME!!

Neptune Beach...
Level Contributor
764 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Omni

I just got back from the Omni yesterday. I was originally booked at the Marriott. I loved the OMNI. My room was 2004 an oceanfront room in the corner. A king room. The lagoon room we had the first night was the same layout but the view not so great. The staff handled the changing of rooms very well. The service was wonderful. The rooms very clean. The beds comfy. Everything was wonderful about the resort. Oh and the BEACH! I would have to say the ONLY thing they could improve would be the number of beach and pool lounge chairs. They need MORE.

Any questions?

Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Omni

arubbound, hey we had that room last week....departed on Friday...sad..sad. It was a great room with a wonderful view. I also noticed the chair shortage....we've stayed there several years and that was a first...I'm sure that will be fixed soon. I'm glad you were so happy with the accomodations.

indiana
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Omni

arubbound--i stayed at the Omni in 2003, and loved it....i cant wait to go back...i loved the way it looked so tropical with the tall palm trees and vegetation! i have booked a lagoon view room, is it easy to switch to an ocean view? if so, how much does it cost?

Indy
Level Contributor
432 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Omni

Just got back from the Omni last night. It looks the same as before Wilma with a few improvements. The first room we had was lagoon view but we moved to an ocean view after 2 nights and were glad we did. The room on the ocean side was much nicer. Same layout but just nicer. The view was awesome. We were in 1847, right in the middle. We had booked thru an auction and got the lagoon view at a really good deal but we decided to pay extra for the ocean view. I think we paid $40 per night.

Level Contributor
465 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Omni

Stayed there in March 2006 and the resort was in great shape. Much better than many resorts in the same area. All is well at the Omni.

10. Re: Omni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 15:17