We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

From my Cancun Base Hotel (Park Royal Cancun) I visited 3 winter destinations using the local buses and using the ferry and Cancun is still an Excellent choiche for the beaches and water.

Playa Del Carmen is fun for it's 5th Avenue District BUT the sea water (FULL of sea weeds) and his narrow beach full of squeezed people was AVERAGE....

Cozumel beaches are so so compare to Cancun's Ones....Mostly for diving and water sports but the water seem better than Playa Del Carmen's full SEA WEEDS.but Cozumel Downtown is fun like the PDC.

Isla Mujres Island is also really FANTASTIC for his calm sea. As good Cancun's because you have calmer water and it has a nice and fun downtown area for shopping, eating and drinking.

Cancun and the Isla Mujres Island are EXTRA EXQUISITE for beaches and sea water and Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel can be fun for one day trip like I have done this year, BUT not take an hotel in those 2 destinations for an ENTIRE TRIP STAY...The water and beaches are SO SO ....average.

Robert, Montréal, Québec, CANADA

Lambertville, MI
Level Contributor
434 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

Confused as to why someone would even be on a message board about Cancun let alone, posting, if you didn't like it.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

I'm just playing Katzgar. I knew that would get you going:)

Edited: 05 March 2012, 23:26
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

I read the message board for the entire Yucatan peninsula......

texas
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

It's the same people that post over and over how much they hate Cancun. We get it already. It's fine that you hate it. Makes more room for those of us that love it.

New Bedford...
Level Contributor
101 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

We travel 3x a year for 7-14 day vactions each. CANCUN is the only place that we revist every single year. WE LOVE IT. Royal Sands is our home away from home!! Cant wait to head down in 6 weeks!!!

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

"You couldn't pay me to stay in the concrete jungle that is Cancun......"

Amen, and I actually have been paid to stay there.

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

I agree cancun is the best place for the beaches, the shopping centre are really cool with good prices as the resorts, they are fabulous.

there is no better place to relax than cancun, you can lay on the beach all day long then go to the pools of the hotels and have an excellent diner...

and then party a little, I think that's definitely a good place ! you need to admit that the views are simply splendid

Florida
Level Contributor
6,581 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

I agree that Cancun is far superior to PDC and Cozumel, not only for beaches and water quality, many other reasons as well.

The beaches and water quality in PDC area are not even as good as a lot of Florida.

Edited: 06 March 2012, 12:03
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,339 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

We travel 2-3 times a year to warner weather and we think the best beaches/blue water are in Punta Cana, best weather is Ixtapa, Mexico, best activities & nightlife is Cancun and best bang for your buck is Cancun or PDC because of the many options for flights!! Ted&Julie

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Cancun is still the best sun destination :-)))

Love the "concrete jungle" name. That is also what my husband and I call it and we are actually staying there this year. We have always stayed in the Riviera Maya area and visit a Palace resort in the Cancun area for a day. Nothing like that view. Decided to give the concrete jungle a try this year for something different.