We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Casita

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
La Casita

I posted some pic's from La Casita. But none will catch what little the children have. The are in need of so many things. While I was there one of the ladies I deal with was out trying to get people to donate food. I was broken hearted and cried on the bus back to the hotel. It seems no matter how much you give....It isn't enough. Please take the time to go by there and drop of a little something something...

Thanks...Theresa in Detroit.

connecticut
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Casita

Theresa how far is La Casita from Cancun hotel zone? Do they have a website to donate?? Not going down till May, wondering if there is anything we can do from home...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,858 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Casita

Hi Theresa...I was at La Casita last Friday with Nancy from GiveAToy. We went to a Christmas gathering and performance by the children at 5pm and gave out Beanie babies. Lovely children...I wanted to hug them all!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Casita

I agree...............Give what you can when you go.

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,803 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Casita

lacasitadecancun.com/en/1/what_do_we_do.html

www.lacasitadecancun.com/en/4/list_nec.pdf

lacasitadecancun.com/en/4/how_can_you_help.h…

connecticut
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Casita

thanks Dangers!!

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Casita

What's the safest, easiest way to get there and is appropriate to take my kids?

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Casita

Knowing that people come through with going to the Childrens home. So many people say they are going to go by and never do..

Side note...2 Years ago we met a couple from Canada at the Ritz and they said they wanted to buy a freezer for La Casita, Of course we were a little leary. But, I thought God was working in the children's favor. So we gave them the address and directions. Well, they never showed up. Which really bummed us out. But come to find out another couple showed up and brought a freezer. They heard from a little birdie they needed one...God is good..All the time..

Kelowna, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: La Casita

Theresa,

My boyfriend and I are going to Cancun in July. I am wondering how far La Casita is from the Hotel zone? also do you need to speak to someone ahead of time before going or is it alright to show up with items for the children?

Thanks!

Kelowna, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: La Casita

Would someone be able to give me the location of La Casita? and the safest way to get there from the hotel zone, I am not familiar with Cancun..

Thanks!

10. Re: La Casita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2013, 09:19