We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Topic
Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

Not to be rude, but we don't want to stay at a place where a lot of spring breakers will stay. We plan to go to the Caribbean over March 30th weekend timeframe. We heard that Cancun has lots of spring breakers over that time. We have enough reward points to stay free at the Ritz Carlton in Cancun. Does anyone know if the Ritz in Cancun has a lot of spring breakers (college kids)?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

There is no reason for any of them to stay there. Just go ahead and book without worry.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,495 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

Majority of college students can't afford Ritz.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

i really doubt the spring breaker crowd can afford those prices and besides, i doublt the ritz would ever accept bookings from the spring breakers college groups. i would have to say you are pretty safe in staying at the ritz over spring break.

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

I agree with cliu. The Ritz does not let spring breakers at their hotel. I have been there at spring break and other than some teenagers with their parents that was it. And I don't think spring breakers can afford the Ritz.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

None there!

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

Thanks all regarding the Ritz... Now my 2nd question is, what if we want to go to the Mayan ruins or shopping or out to a restaurant for dinner or some other activity not at the Ritz, will Cancun spring breakers be overcrowding everyplace and be annoying? Sorry, this may seem like a silly question, but we've never been to Cancun before.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,020 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

For the most part you'll be ok with the activities you mention. Most of the spring breakers are just partying and on the beach all day. If you are going to an activity with a fee or something upscale (restaurant) other than a club, you will not really notice them. Are they sometimes annoying? Yes :)

DETROIT
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

I agree with bk....You should have no problem getting into restaurants and doing side trips. The Ritz can book all these things for you. Have the Ritz make your restaurant reservation. You will get a great table and be well take care of. Go and enjoy...

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

Thanks for all your feedback. Very helpful. :)

Kansas City, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ritz Carlton Cancun - Do spring breakers stay there?

Went to the Ritz 2 years ago over spring break ... you would never know it. If there are college kids there they are the kind that read books on vacation. : ) Enjoy your trip.