We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ME or Live Aqua

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ME or Live Aqua

Which do you think is better?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,003 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ME or Live Aqua

Well, Live Aqua is rated #10 in Cancun and ME Cancun is #31 by TripAdvisor members. Maybe you have other criteria or needs you want to compare??

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d506374…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150807-d637389…

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
346 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ME or Live Aqua

Just returned, walked around both of these while we were there - both are nice but we liked Live Aqua much more than ME. Looking from the outside, not as a guest, Aqua seemed to have a way nicer and larger pool area and overall feel. The staff was really friendly at both. A representative actually took us into several of the rooms at Live Aqua and they were amazing - plus which Aqua seems to have balconies on all the rooms and ME does not - so if a balcony is important, go with Aqua for sure.

Both are very close to La Isla shopping village - Aqua slightly more so.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ME or Live Aqua

Live AQUA is classy, elegant and low key. We enjoyed both of our stays there.

ME is loud with techno blasting at the pool and has a "look at me" South Beach vibe. Not what we look for in a vacation but others find it perfect.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ME or Live Aqua

Live Aqua has eight pools with different warmth, which is a must in the winter months.

North Plainfield...
Level Contributor
903 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ME or Live Aqua

I stayed at ME in December and the only time they had loud techno music at the pool was on Thursday- Saturday night and you had to pay at least $40 to sit in the pool area (adult pool) or get bottle service starting at $120. ME tacks on plenty of extra charges for everything and on all other days of the week, it is Zen music and boring. Very pretty place, good food but reservations for everything even when it's empty and the drinks were not great.

I am considering Live Aqua for May and I hear they include everything as a true all inclusive should. That being said, you can upgrade to the 'Aqua Club' which I decided to do so I can get Patron and Grey Goose.. also I hear they play upbeat music at the swim up pool so that will be good. If I am in the mood to party at night, I guess I will go out of the resort.

6. Re: ME or Live Aqua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2013, 10:23