We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

I got home last night after staying at Live Aqua for 11 nights.

Overall it was a good experience. I liked the place, the food, the pools, and the people there. During my stay I actually made a few posts recommending Aqua on this forum.

I do not recommend it now due to an incident that happened in my last night there:

In the middle of the night, the mirror that's above the headboard of the bed fell off onto the bed while I was asleep. The mirror is long and heavy. Luckily I was not injured due to the mirror hit the lamp and then the stacked pillows first. But people could get seriously injured by this. The mirror was only glued to the wall.

I called the operator about it and he sent someone to investigate and took the mirror away. The next day when I was packing my stuff to prepare for checkout, two workers came in and re-glued the mirror back onto the wall.

I took some pictures to show the before and after:

1) This was taken on day 1 after I check into the room:

img28.imageshack.us/img28/3151/1firstday.jpg

2) After the mirror fell off onto the bed

…imageshack.us/img13/2542/2mirroronbed.jpg

3) After the mirror is removed from the bed

…imageshack.us/img856/623/3aftermirrorisremo…

4) After the workers glued the mirror back onto the wall

…imageshack.us/img854/4533/4aftermirrorisreg…

I was really unhappy about this incident and at check out I complained to the reception manager there about it and showed her the pictures, and requested refund for 1 night. She apologized for it and wrote a letter which I need to show Travelocity in order to get the refund for 1 night.

It's really a shame that something like this happened on my last night there and ruined my experience. I am just glad that I was not hurt. But due to the way they glue the mirror, I suspect someone sooner or later could get seriously injured when the mirror falls off and hits someone directly in the face...

Edited: 13 August 2011, 17:52
Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
984 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

Woops!

Glad you are ok.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

nice room ! Not good about the mirror but freak accidents like this do happen, you were very lucky not to get seriously hurt

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,190 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

That accident should never have happened and they never should have reglued the mirror back on. I would think that was tempting fate one too many times and I'm hoping they checked all the other mirrors, but I kind of doubt it.

Honestly, that would have scared the h...... out of me, not to mention loosing sleep over it on your last night.

I hope you get your refund.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

How very silly to stick the mirror back up, after its fell of the wall once its likely to do it again your really lucky you werent hurt.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,315 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

I'm glad you weren't injured. For your sake, I'm also glad this happened on your last night there. What a hassle it could have been otherwise, changing rooms? changing resorts?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,048 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

I have mirrors twice that size glued onto my bathroom walls and I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be done. Not to deemphasize the potential a serious accident could have happened but such freak accident do happen unfortunately.

If it was the Ritz Carlton, I'm sure you would have been invite back for a free stay.

Edited: 13 August 2011, 20:42
NYC
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

Wow! this board sure has gotten a lot more laid back over the years. Normally I would say that is a good thing, but not in this case.

Everyone is so concerned for this guy/gal. In the end, something broke, nobody was hurt, and the hotel fixed it. While I agree it is a pretty poor choice of location for a mirror, and an even worse idea to use glue, why do you need compensation if you weren't hurt?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

Vacationdude - i agree, no need for compensation

Ok if it hadn't been your last night maybe some flowers sent to your room with an apology, nice gesture maybe

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

Maybe they bought the mirror at Mercado 28.

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My last night at Live Aqua was terrible :(

Well lets hope it doesnt happen again could be a child in the bed next time its just not a good place to glue a mirror thats already come of the wall.