We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy day suggestions

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy day suggestions

We are leaving for Cancun next week and after checking the weather, it appears that it will be raining the first 4 days we are there. OF course, I know this can change, and I am also aware that it may only rain for a short time each day ( which I am hoping for!). We won't let this ruin our vacation, but would love to hear some options for rainy day activities. We are staying at Live Aqua and it appears to be absolutely amazing but I'm not sure they offer a lot to do other than relax, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy day suggestions

what the weather forecast actually shows is a 30 to 60% chance of showers. the weather forecast does not show is rain everyday. in the unlikely event it does rain go swimming or snorkeling.

weather.com/outlook/…

Edited: 22 March 2011, 15:34
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy day suggestions

There are several malls to shop - if you would like to spend your day doing that.......

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,797 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy day suggestions

With a 20-60% chance you might be inconvenienced for a short period of time...go have lunch or a drink. Mostly a short shower in the afternoon that cools it off but doesn't inconvenience anyone or rain overnight. This is a great time of year.

Cheryl

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Ensenada, Valle de Guadalupe
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy day suggestions

A rainstorm to us, is just a reason to belly-up-to-the-swim-up-bar, or we always pack Dominos (Mexican train!! Woo hoo!) or Uno or Yahtzee and fire up a few rounds on one of the inside tables until the rain passes.

Often the weather reports rain and it comes in for just 30 mins or so and leaves...sometimes we don't even get out of the pool. On my first few trips I worried about this...ALOT...now we just go with the flow.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy day suggestions

yes, it is easy to get all "doom & gloom" over the weather forcast but as already stated, it will rain but it will clear up... more often than not the rain doesnt last long enough or is worth the bother of getting out of the pool!

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainy day suggestions

We always head to the swim up bar!! There are two malls that are walking distance (3-6 blocks) where you are staying!!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
90 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainy day suggestions

Thanks! Just glad to hear the rain won't be around all day.... A few raindrops never hurt anyone ; ) Of course, I'd rather see the sunshine but we will take what we get. I didn't know if there were any indoor activities ( besides shopping) - aquarium, etc. I agree, swimming in the pool with a drink in hand, may be the perfect option!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,436 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rainy day suggestions

There is a tequila museum on the second floor of the same building that has La Europea. You can find this place located on the lagoon side, halfway between La Isla Shopping Village and Kukulcan Plaza shopping malls. For another option, there is a small artifacts museum located at the Convention Center. If you really get stuck with a lot of rain, I recommend that you consider taking a trip into Centro (Downtown) Cancun. At the Plaza Las Americas shopping mall is a movie theater that has incredible amenities, big seats, restaurant quality fare, etc., oh, and English speaking movies of course... Still, I agree, having a drink while in the pool, as long as their is no lightning, sounds like an excellent way to spend a rain filled day!

212eric (Author)

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN Travel Survey Guidebook

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rainy day suggestions

We're leaving for Cancun (Westin on the south end) this Thursday and I noticed a pretty good chance of rain Sunday through Tuesday!

Oh well - you can always set-up for a day spa on the day where it appears to be the rainiest... XCaret has a Night Spectacular which is indoors... Kulkulcan Plaza has bowling, shopping, and pool tables!

Enjoy your stay!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rainy day suggestions

We're leaving for Cancun (Westin on the south end) this Thursday and I noticed a pretty good chance of rain Sunday through Tuesday!

Oh well - you can always set-up for a day spa on the day where it appears to be the rainiest... XCaret has a Night Spectacular which is indoors... Kulkulcan Plaza has bowling, shopping, and pool tables!

Enjoy your stay!