We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Date on parental consent form? Trip more than 30 days away

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
5 posts
Save Topic
Date on parental consent form? Trip more than 30 days away

Hi.

I am traveling to Mexico in June with my daughter. I have sole legal and physical custody, but I have learned that since her dad has visitation he needs to sign a notarized parental consent form.

My question is: How long before the trip can he sign/date the form? I haven't been able to find exacts on how long the form is good for. He is in the military and is going to be leaving for active duty in Afghanistan next month. He would like to sign the form now, instead of trying to do it while out of the US.

thanks so much!

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,704 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Date on parental consent form? Trip more than 30 days away

The dates of travel should be listed on the form - so I don't think it matters when you have him sign it and have it notarized. I usually do mine about a week before - but I really don't think it matters - btw - although I'm married - I do travel to MX quite a bit w/dd sans dh - and always bring the form - never been asked for it - but still just prefer for peace of mind to have it on hand. Have a great trip.

2. Re: Date on parental consent form? Trip more than 30 days away

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 01:17