We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican Banks Closed for Holiday: 9/16 & 9/17

In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,803 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mexican Banks Closed for Holiday: 9/16 & 9/17

Just a head's up,based on published reports out of Mexico, all Mexican Banks will be closed for the Independence Day(s) celebrations on Thursday and Friday of this week. ATM's etc. will still be operational and the banks will re-open Saturday (if they normally have hours) or Monday of next week.

Union, New Jersey
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican Banks Closed for Holiday: 9/16 & 9/17

probably a dumb question, but are there ATM's accesible from outside the bank?

i'm coming down the 15th. Taking some US Dollars, but would like to withdraw pesos

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,599 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican Banks Closed for Holiday: 9/16 & 9/17

Almost all banks have the ATMs in a location where they are available 24 hours a day. On long holiday periods , I have seen them run out of cash since they will be in demand and probably not serviced during the holiday period.

Union, New Jersey
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican Banks Closed for Holiday: 9/16 & 9/17

thanks Robert! I'm so looking forward to this that I can't seem to stay away from this forum and asking all these questions...

you guys have all been very helpful...

4. Re: Mexican Banks Closed for Holiday: 9/16 & 9/17

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2011, 08:15