We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice for a Solo Traveller to Cancun?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Any advice for a Solo Traveller to Cancun?

I am going to Cancun & Playa Del Carmen for 11 days on a solo trip, I am planning on spending 5 days at The RIU Palace Riviera Maya and then 6 days at The Le Meridien Cancun. I have done The RIU Santa Fe in Cabo, really excited to try the "Palace" side of RIU and had a lot of fun but I was with a friend, it was kind of a non stop party and I am hoping for something slightly more quiet this time. I get tired of the All Inclusive thing after a few days so I think The Le Meridien will provide a welcome change. Does anyone have advice for solo travelers? Any restaurant recommendations in particular would be helpful, also any tour groups specifically set up for singles...well actually I should say "solo's" because I am certainly not interested in romance......well maybe the Tequilla soaked substitute but I digress. I am planning for excursions like every other day as I value beach/trashy book/bar time. Also these hotels are "tentative" so if anyone has a positive experience elsewhere as a solo traveler I would love to hear about it. This is not my first solo trip abroad, I did two weeks last year in Amsterdam and Berlin and it was great. I am guessing this will be easier then that as there will be so many Americans and Canadians around. Any advice is greatly appreciated, cheers!

Also if you are a fun gay friendly type person in Cancun during that time and are also traveling solo, maybe we can talk and see if we click would be awesome to have someone to go on excursions or to dinner with!

Edited: 17 August 2010, 03:41
Loma Bonita Cancun
Horseback Riding Tours
Queen Angel
Sightseeing Tours
Best Day
Sightseeing Tours
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
265 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Any advice for a Solo Traveller to Cancun?

done cancun solo twice now and i would advise staying at the top of the 7 so everything is close by and you can walk back from clubs,i stayed at the rui palace las americas which is perfect for location and its adults only so no screaming kids and also you can visit next door ie the rui cancun and use there facilities any time you want..rpla is a great hotel much better than the one i went to this time!

which ever hotel you chose stay at the top of the 7 near all the action as its so much easier..

2. Re: Any advice for a Solo Traveller to Cancun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 07:15