We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Cancun

Nebraksa
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Cancun

Can anyone tell me if you have exchange privilages with the RIU next door. Is the upgrade to the Jr Suite worth the extra $60 per day?

TEXAS
Level Contributor
270 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Cancun

priviledges with RIU Palace Las Americas which i think is next door. no priviledges with RIU Caribe.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas
Hotel Riu Palace Las...
7,281 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Hotel Riu Caribe
Hotel Riu Caribe
8,056 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Cancun

Hi, We stayed at the Riu Palace in July, had a blast. If you stay at the Riu Cancun or the Riu Caribe you do not have exchange priviledges but if you stay at the Palace you have priviledges at all Riu's including the ones down in Playa. The Riu Cancun is a beautiful hotel and the beach is actually a little better than the others. We were originally booked at the Riu Cancun but they overbooked in July and upgraded us to the Palace. The Riu Palace is amazing! Whichever you choose you won't be disappointed. Have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Hotel Riu Caribe
Hotel Riu Caribe
8,056 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
3. Re: RIU Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2004, 18:58
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Cancun

Hi bigguy,

I was just there in May and no you had no privledges with the Riu las Americas next door but you can use the Caribe down the lagoon.....wouldn't bother though. The Riu Cancun is Fantastic, I'm heading back in August alone this time, I CANNOT WAIT.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
561 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU Cancun

Seriously, is Riu Cancun appropriate for families (specifically kids 9+12)? I keep reading about drunken partying and such, which makes me think it's more for spring breakers and 20-somethings.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Georgia
Level Contributor
551 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU Cancun

If you go during Spring Break, you will encounter springbreakers all over Cancun except maybe at the Adult Only and more expensive resorts. Stay away from Spring Break, or right after the college terms end and the Riu Cancun would be fine for young kids. They have a 'camp staff' for the kids (don't know if that's the right term).

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RIU Cancun

Chardo ~ there are the drunken parties just about anyplace at any given time.. It just depends upon what kind of crowds are there at the time that you are there.

We stay at the Caribe and it's a varied crowd at both places. Young and old and from all over the place. As long as you're not going down there during spring break, I wouldn't fret too much about it.

Iowa
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RIU Cancun

this is from Sep 2004! I noticed a couple of other real old ones today, whats up with that?

Minooka, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RIU Cancun

GOOD eyes there Penguin...

HHhhhmmm??? Maybe it's the removed post????