We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mellow hotel with good beach

Oakland CA
3 posts
Mellow hotel with good beach

My husband and I are meeting my parents for a week in Tulum, but we will arrive 2 days before them, and are interested in staying in Cancun. We would prefer a mellow-ish hotel with a good beach (not so into the all inclusive thing either). We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Condesa a few years back, but it seems like they don't have much beach any more.

recommendations?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
105 reviews
1. Re: Mellow hotel with good beach

Karoon37, I would suggest the Hyatt Caribe Cancun, Great beach. Or the Omni Resort. Enjoy. Linda

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Mellow hotel with good beach

We just got back from the Gran Melia (next to the Fiesta Americana) and they still have a nice beach. As of last Friday, it was still about 50 to 60 feet deep with plenty of beach palapa's.

Oakland CA
3 posts
3. Re: Mellow hotel with good beach

Thanks for the tips, it's great to have suggestions to work with. There's almost too much information to wade through, though I am thankful for it all!

Port Alberni, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Mellow hotel with good beach

We stayed at the Park Royal earlier this month and it's definitely a mellow hotel - small side - has a lovely beach. Worth checking out............ Have fun!

Nashville
Level Contributor
466 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Mellow hotel with good beach

Try the Ambiance Villas. Small hotel, best beach in Cancun, easy access to shopping, restaurants, grocery and bus stop.

Michigan
Level Contributor
976 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Mellow hotel with good beach

I second Ambiance Villas. Best beach in town, quiet place, not AI.

Great Falls, MT
Level Contributor
106 posts
7. Re: Mellow hotel with good beach

Hilton is known for its WIDE beaches. Great quiet place.

New York
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Mellow hotel with good beach

I also recommend the Gran Melia. Fantastic beach and very laid back!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
470 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: Mellow hotel with good beach

We went to the Condesa last two years also. This year we are heading to a villa at the Hilton! Supposedly it has an un-crowded feel.

10. Re: Mellow hotel with good beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 02:17