We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any "bad" experiences at the Melia Turquesa?

Eastern PA
Level Contributor
270 posts
9 reviews
Any "bad" experiences at the Melia Turquesa?

We have this hotel booked for October and a friend of ours keeps saying don't do it. It is so discouraging.

I read tons of reviews, the location and beach is recommended and the price was right. Sure the JW Marriott or the Ritz would be great for another $1200 of $2000.

Just looking for reassurance that we chose the right place. We are a couple in our 50's, husband has health issues that prevents a lot of walking so a smaller resort and convenience of location was factor to.

Any input as I really don't want to change.

Fort Dodge, Ia
Level Contributor
259 posts
1. Re: Any "bad" experiences at the Melia Turquesa?

We were at the MT in Feb this year. We stayed 2 weeks and the only thing we got tired of was the same food, but you could always find something that you liked to eat. There are alot of steps around the hotel and the floor is slick at times, so you need to be careful with that. The beach is one of the best, pool is good, we did have to get up early to reserve chairs but maybe that was just the time of year we were there. I am sure you will enjoy your stay there.

mexico
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
2. Re: Any "bad" experiences at the Melia Turquesa?

well you are right. Smaller hotels are more convienant. SOme things to keep in mind about this hotel...

Be prepared to walk up a big hill to get to the reception area. Everyday we where out of breath after we walked up that hill.

The beach area is nice and yes it isnt too big. I personally had the worst food at the Melia I have ever had at an AI.

Almost all the hotels I went to had great buffet with lots of choices. I was very disappointed with the selection. BUT I have heard from Other reviews that food was good. SO my thoughts are ...maybe because I went in a slow season they didnt have their normal size buffets and selection.

Overall the hotel was okay. I have been to nicer hotels before but if you are looking for sun and the beach then you will be fine. I can't think of any smaller type hotels but if any come to mind I will post again.

Overall it was okay for me. Good location and nice beach area.

Idaho
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Any "bad" experiences at the Melia Turquesa?

If you are looking for a good small hotel that is AI you might want to check out the Sun Palace. There are good elevators to take you to your room's floor. There are only three steps from the building to the pool area or you can go down the ramp. From the pool to the beach there are a few more steps or again a ramp. The beach there is really great as well.