We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
40 reviews
Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

I'm looking for a good value adults only hotel/resort for February.

In February this year we stayed at Live Aqua and although we enjoyed our stay we were not too keen on the bars in the evening. Either too rowdy, similar to a sports bar or too quite and very dark with no atmosphere. We loved the beach and the location.

I really fancied Secrets the Vine or Royal Hideaway but I've left booking this too late for February next year as now the prices are very high - in the region of £3000+ each for 2 weeks. my budget would be around £2200 each for 2 weeks.

Great beach is very important as I love long beach walks, good quality accommodation, good food and a nice bar scene in the evening. Also it would be nice to be able to walk or take a short bus ride to a few shops etc. I'm looking at Sun Palace, but from the Google Earth pictures it looks a little run down on the exterior and the beach rather narrow, however it does have great reviews. Also I'm a little concerned that we would get bored with the food from just 4 restaurants.

Perhaps I'll get lucky and bag a great deal on Black Friday?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

16 replies to this topic
Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

Secrets Silversands might be a good fit for you.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,738 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

We have stayed at quite a few of the adults only spots. We like Live Aqua the best out of all of them. They are completing renovations now and it is gorgeous. In terms of bars it really depends who is visiting at the time re how lively things will get. I am not sure when you were last at LA but they have added a lot more evening live music.

I have stayed at STV, Royal Hideaway and Sun Palace. STV was probably my least favorite though still very nice. I prefer the pool set up at others and the beach area is small. Although the service was good in our experience we have found the service much better in other resorts. Royal Hideway has a lovely beach. Oceanviews are extremely limited. They didn't heat the pools when we were there but that may have changed. They have renovated since our stay which it really needed. It was by far the quietest place we have visited including Le Blanc.

We have visited Sun Palace several times and really enjoyed our trips there. The pools are very small so keep that in mind. The beach is actually really lovely and you can walk for miles. I have read they will be renovating in 2019. I can't remember but think maybe in the summer. It really needs a good renovation but it is well taken care of so no worries about that. We really enjoyed the food there and never got bored with the options. No where near the lunch options like at Live Aqua. The service was very good. The bar/lounge needs a good reno but we had fun there. Many have complained it is too quiet and others say too rowdy. Honestly in our stays the vibe completely changed depending who was there. With wedding groups things really really livened up and sometimes it was dead. You really can't predict who will be there during your stay. It was the only evening bar unless that has changed. Most rooms (no resort views) had great views.

Secrets Silverssands we actually liked more than STV. But the beach is not good for swimming but you can walk and it has white sand. Seaweed was especially bad in Puerto morlos and Playa del Carmen but it is improving I hope. It is improving in Cancun for sure. The grounds are beautiful and lots of nice pools. Lots of greenery. Not close to anything but a beautiful setting.

Hyatt Zilara is another one in the hotel zone. I have heard they were closing for renovations but they didn't. I am not sure what the status is on that. It is not far from LA so the same beach. It is a nice resort. Entertainment dance shows were in the lobby and that was where the bar was. We didn't find that to be ideal but we all like different things.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
837 posts
3. Re: Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

The new Haven resort is now open and looks gorgeous with good reviews even though it isn’t 100% completed. By February it should be even better. There are probably goods deals still to be had.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

I’ll add a bit more to my previous post. My husband and I have stayed at numerous AI/AO resorts in the area, you can pull up the reviews I have posted on TripAdvisor. I enjoyed Live Aqua but their rooms were very basic & the overall vibe was very serene. I’m in my 40’s & don’t want a party crowd but don’t want a comatose crowd, either! Lol

Hyatt Zilara was run down when we stayed there but I think they are undergoing renovations.

Sun Palace has great food & service, but the pool area was extremely congested & the “chair game” started at 5am.

I am suggesting Secrets Silversands because it seemed to have both a lively & serene clientele. The food was probably the best we’ve ever had at an AI. The beach area is smaller, but it served the purpose for us. It’s doesn’t have much depth but still plenty of room for loungers & beach volleyball. You can also have nice walks along the shoreline. We really enjoyed having cocktails at the bar overlooking the ocean.

I think Secrets Silversands is a good “bang for the buck”.

Edited: 12 November 2018, 20:09
Orange County...
Level Contributor
9,126 posts
85 reviews
5. Re: Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

RU-OK-2, I was following your forums posts from Cabo LeBlanc. Do you think Secrets Silversands food was better than LeBlanc Cabo? That would be disappointing! Thanks for your thoughts.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

Blossom... Food is subjective to the individual, but I do think the food was better at Secrets Silversands than at Le Blanc Los Cabos. The food at Le Blanc was good, but it was also very artsy with infusions, sauces, etc. that just didn’t seem to mesh. They did have some excellent items such as fish tacos. I wouldn’t go back to Le Blanc for the food. I’ve had better food at Secrets & Live Aqua.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
25,869 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

Since no-one has mentioned the Valentin Imperial Maya, I'll throw that one into the mix. It's not in Cancun (but then again, neither is Silversands). The beach at the VIM does have some rocky spots in the water but there is a totally rock-free area for swimming. IMHO, the food is better overall at the VIM than at Silversands but, as noted above, food is probably THE most subjective thing there is when comparing resorts. I don't know if it fits within the OP's budget though as I've no idea of pricing from the UK.

Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

We did Iberostar cancun, swim out villa. Very nice.

Last year we did Iberostar Tucan in Playa. Best place ever.

Good location, awesome people, it has a waterfall and a wildlife sanctuary, the beach is clean. Dive shop on site. The food was great, the restaurants 4 I think, were also perfect. And not crowded. It's not a micro place but also not a mega resort. ... and playa is closer to all the fun stuff just south.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,738 posts
27 reviews
9. Re: Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

I agree with RU-ok-2 about Secrets Silversands. The main pool with the swim up bar was really lively while we were there. We spent most of our time at the infinity pool which was excellent!! It really has a much more lively feel in spots. The food we thought was really good!! I wish it was on a better beach with the gorgeous water color like right in Cancun but the beach is lovely. Just not great for swimming without water shoes. It really is a great bang for your buck.

I haven't been to VIM but have heard great things about it as well.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
9,126 posts
85 reviews
10. Re: Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.

Wow, thank you RU-Ok. Appreciate your comparisons.

Reply to: Good value Adults only all inclusive for February.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted