We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 posts
Save Topic

i'm going to cancun on september 20 and i want to know if the moon palace hotel is a good place to stay, and if the beach is nice like other beaches in the area.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cancun

The Moon Palace is a nice place to stay. It is a little further from the strip then some of the other palace resorts. The beach is nice it may be a little calmer then staying up on the strip the rooms are nice staff is great, pool is huge, and of course food is good. But if you are looking to be further up on the strip the Cancun Palace is a great place to stay where you can always go to the Moon Palace for the day or any other palace resorts and use all there facilities for free.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
329 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cancun

I agree with previous post. If you want a nice beach, stay at the Cancun Palace. Moon Palace does not have a great beach although water is calmer....it tends to be dirty also. Moon Palace is not in the hotel zone....it's south of the airport. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing for you. If you want to be in the midst of everything Cancun has to offer, it's best to be in the hotel zone. All depends on what you're looking for in a vacation and how much you want to spend in transportation.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cancun

The Moon Palace is not on the "strip" it is in the Riviera Maya it is the closest or first Hotel south of Cancun on the Highway but it is not in the Hotel Zone.

Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,913 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cancun

I have to note that one comment above is not applicable to your trip - one person sugested staying at the Cancun Palace. Your trip is scheduled for September 20 and the Cancun Palace is not scheduled to reopen until December 20 (if then).

I'd suggest you search Moon Palace on here for reviews of people returning from that resort. I have read that the Moon Palace does offer a free shuttle to Cancun daily for shopping/dinner.

Good luck!

5. Re: cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 01:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now