We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
11 reviews
Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

Hello All - I just booked the Paradisus by Melia Cancun after an agonizing few days of combing over numerous resorts. My boyfriend and I - age 35 are both well traveled and consider ourselves pretty low maintenance. As long as our bellies are full, the drinks are flowing, the sheets are clean, and we can take a hot shower - we are usually not complaining. But we all know that is not the case for everyone so I wanted to take this opportunity to get some feedback from those of you have traveled to this resort. We all know every resort has pro's and con's and all travelers have different experiences that can result in some insider tips. Any insight is welcomed and greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Leaving mid April and staying for 4 nights. Did not upgrade to the royal service and just got a basic room with the package.

21 replies to this topic
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
949 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

You will absolutely love the place, my wife & I stayed there last December. Great staff, beautiful rooms and common areas.

I have menus for the a la carte restaurants. PM me with your e-mail address if you're interested and I'll send them to you

New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

Thanks Bruce...

New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

Hello All - Trip is around the corner and the more and more I read - the more and more I think I should upgrade to Royal Service...

For those who have been - what should I do?

Traveling with my boyfriend (age 35) and looking forward to good food & drink and a whole lot of relaxing...

Shelby Township...
Level Contributor
205 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

Hi there,

It's been a few years since I went to this resort but I remember liking it. We were traveling with little ones and just got 2 adjoining rooms and each room was very big, clean, and we had awesome views. The food and drinks were good, they didn't have much to offer for eating by the pool other than a grill they had set up. It's not a crazy busy place. The hotel was pretty quiet at night, no entertainment while we were there, which was kinda boring for us.

Hope this helps!

btw, I'm in the same situation you are looking for hotels right now...everything is booked!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
949 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

My wife and I did the Royal Service, really enjoyed the VIP treatment. It's up to you whether it's worth the extra money. With the RS plan you get:

1. Personalized VIP check-in at Pyramid 5. They gave us drinks and snacks while they did the paperwork. No lines to deal with at the front desk.

2. Exclusive lounge for RS guests only, with top-shelf drinks and snacks.

3. Personal concierge to handle any details, including dinner reservations - you are guaranteed whatever restaurant and time you want with RS, no having to get up early and deal with the front desk.

4. You get a separate pool, beach and bar. Plenty of deck chairs, no playing the towel game. And 2 days' use of Bali Beds. They throw in free sunblock as well.

5. Royal Service guests also get their own a la carte restaurant (La Palapa) for breakfast and lunch.

6. Royal Service is all-adults, so only time you might see children is at dinner, but we saw very few at the a la carte restaurants as most families went to the buffet.

7. They got into the habit of leaving us champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries in our room, not sure if that's part of their normal package or if they were making our first ever AI vacation special.

Edited: 09 April 2018, 18:41
Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

Hi Bruce, how do I PM you to get a copy of the menus? What is the dress code in the evening?

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
949 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

Click on my Joker Cat avatar and select "Send Message".

Dress code was casual, I wore jeans and polo shirts to dinner, t-shirt and shorts to breakfast and lunch. The only place with a dress code is Tempo, the high-end gourmet restaurant, which we did not bother with.

Edited: 10 April 2018, 21:16
Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

Great, thank you, I just sent you my email via PM

Savage, Minnesota
Level Contributor
3,775 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

Fantastic resort. Wife and I have stayed there 3 times, loved it 3 times. Food, drink and service are all top notch. Didn't stay in RS as we didn't think it was worth the extra cost, but pretty much everyone that has stayed in RS recommends it.

New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
11 reviews
10. Re: Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!

Heading there for our first time on the 21st. Anything we need know before we go...

We are a 35 year old couple who are well traveled and low maintenance.

Just looking for sunshine, cocktails, and a full belly...

I did just upgrade to RS after reading all the reviews and posts about it being well worth it.

Reply to: Just booked Paradisus Cancun - What do I need to know?!?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted