We are planning a trip for late January- I am a planner, so I am working well in advance! Here is what I have so far.
2. Visit Tulum and Muyil ruins, spend night in Tulum
4. All day Chichen Itza ruins, maybe visit nearby cenote. Spend night in CI
6. All day at Uxmal ruins. Spend night in Uxmal [or should we head up to Merida that night?]
7. Drive to Merida- spend the day exploring the city, spend night in Merida
8. Drive to Valladolid, visit Ek Balam, other sights/cenotes? Spend Nigh in Vallodolid (booked at El Mason Del Marques)
9. Hang out in Vallodolid, then drive directly to Cancun airport for a 5:30pm flight.
• First off, I assume that renting a car is a must for our route? But please let me know if you think otherwise.
• Two nights in Uxmal, or more time in Merdia?
• I had originally tried to fit Mayapan in- would you sacrifice time in Merida to go to Mayapan? Or squeeze it in elsewhere?
• Is there better use of our morning on the last day than hanging out in Vallodolid?
• Is the itinerary, in general, fairly reasonable?
• I’ve booked in Tulum, because those rooms seem to go quickly. And I booked the last night just to nail it down. Thoughts on best place to stay in Chichen Itza, Uxmal, Merida? Do I need to book them months in advance?
Thanks in advance for your insight!!!Edited: 19 August 2015, 20:41