We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time to Visit the Frida Kahlo Museum

Los Angeles...
11 posts
Save Topic
Best Time to Visit the Frida Kahlo Museum

I'll be in Mexico City on a Wednesday afternoon through Saturday morning, and I'd like to visit this museum, but since I only have a few days, I don't want to spend an entire morning or afternoon waiting in line. Is there a way to see this museum without waiting in long lines?

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
5 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Time to Visit the Frida Kahlo Museum

You can buy tickets online for a specific time. If those are sold out then get there about 9:30. They open at 10:00.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
749 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Time to Visit the Frida Kahlo Museum

Get a reserved time during the work week, you will have to put up with more traffic than on a weekend, but it will not be nearly as crowded inside. My experence is they do less in the ay of limiting those without reserved times on the weekend thus letting in more people at a time.

Los Angeles...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Time to Visit the Frida Kahlo Museum

OK, that sounds like reasonable advice.

If you buy advance tickets for a scheduled time, do you skip the general line?

I visited the Paris Catacombs last year and buying tickets in advance made no difference. I still waited four hours to get in.

Troy, New York...
Level Contributor
26 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Time to Visit the Frida Kahlo Museum

sign up for the museum with a tour company. this is what i did...and legit the tour company picked me up from my hotel brought us the museum ( which they had already bought the tickets for) which meant we were the first in line because they someone from the tour company go and stand in line for us at 6am and so when they brought us to the museum we didnt have to wait at all and we were able to explore the museum at our own pace and it was lovely. The company we used was called "stepping Mexico" (https://www.steppingmexico.com)

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Time to Visit the Frida Kahlo Museum

When you get to Casa Azul there is a short line to the left for ticket holders and a long slow line for those waiting for a ticket.

Edited: 13 July 2018, 13:18
Reply to: Best Time to Visit the Frida Kahlo Museum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted