We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Bajio/BJX to Gunajuato for 4 people at midnight

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Taxi from Bajio/BJX to Gunajuato for 4 people at midnight

Hello, my flight arrives BJX from LAX at 11:35pm on Dec 19 so I assume we won't be out until at least past midnight. We have 4 people and will try to head to hotel in Guanajuato right away. Does anyone know whether there are taxi available at that time, and are the taxis big enough for 4 people with 4 pretty big luggage? Or would people recommend some form of car service? If so, are there recommended companies?

thanks!

2 replies to this topic
San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
8,518 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Taxi from Bajio/BJX to Gunajuato for 4 people at midnight

There are always taxis around when flights arrive. You prepay at the kiosk and should probably take two for your own comfort. You could also try for a larger Uber vehicle, although they are few and far between I suspect.

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Taxi from Bajio/BJX to Gunajuato for 4 people at midnight

The last I heard, Ubers were not permitted to enter the airport parking lot. Perhaps that has changed.

I agree with Londinense….if you have a lot of luggage, you will probably need two taxis as in general, they aren't very large.

Be sure you have the address and directions to the place you are staying in Guanajuato as the majority of taxi drivers at the airport are from Leon and they may not know where your hotel or apartment is located.

Have a great trip!

Cindi

Reply to: Taxi from Bajio/BJX to Gunajuato for 4 people at midnight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted