We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Folkloric ballet schedule?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
36 reviews
Folkloric ballet schedule?

Hello -- Was fortunate to catch Folkloric Ballet of Guanajuato four or five years ago on a trip to Guanajuato. Will be back in Guanajuato late September/early October for three nights. Does anyone have their schedule for when they perform? I am not able to find anything online. Gracias!

4 replies to this topic
Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
1. Re: Folkloric ballet schedule?

The Cervantino 2018 begins the 10th oct so likely most groups will be in rehearsal and the city prepping for that, during the fest the UG Ballet Folklorico is premiering a special piece "Sangre Mestiza" that looks really interesting - you could contact their FB page and ask about attending a rehearsal - just use a translate app if you don´t write in Spanish. https:/… You could ask at the U Extensión Cultural which is their sponsoring department also https://www.facebook.com/extensionugto/… you can send a message or call

Kind of a shame to be travelling there 3 days so close to the dates and miss the Cervantino. I vastly prefer weekdays like Tues/Wed/Th at the festival as it gets so crowded weekends but it is just at the tippy top level of arts festivals worldwide, with lots of real working artists and interactions as well as international treasures, this yrs invitees are for country India and state of Aguascalientes. Amalia Fernandez´s Ballet Folklórico de MX, the king of them all which started the format, is at the Alhóndiga stage Tuesday 10 Oct., its a great place to see them.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Folkloric ballet schedule?

Thank you so much for the thoughtful response. Really appreciate it. This will be my third time in Guanajuato and have yet to hit the Cervantino Festival. It is definitely on my list. Hopefully, next time. Visiting Guadalajara is high on our list as well!

Our group will actually be in Mexico City prior to Guanajuato, so we might have the opportunity to see the folkloric ballet there. I have seen it both in Mexico City and in Guanajuato and was hoping to share with my group. But very interesting idea about asking to see a rehearsal. That had not occurred to me. Gracias!

1 post
3. Re: Folkloric ballet schedule?

I am planning a three day trip. I know it's super short and trying to figure out if I should attend the Cervantino festival knowing that I will be very limited on any tickets this late in the game or attend the Fiesta de Octubre in GDL. I have never attended either location. Any advice?

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
8,532 posts
130 reviews
4. Re: Folkloric ballet schedule?

During the Cervantino, events at Alhóndiga are free, so you just need to get there early enough to find a place. The Auditorio del Estado is large and so unlikely to sell out. You can purchase tickets in advance on Ticketmaster, with a mark-up. There are not many events on weekdays, best to be there at a weekend.

https://festivalcervantino.gob.mx

Reply to: Folkloric ballet schedule?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted