We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hair salons in the city of Guanajuato

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Best hair salons in the city of Guanajuato

I just moved to Guanajuato city & need a good hair salon & stylist. Suggestions please.

4 replies to this topic
Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Best hair salons in the city of Guanajuato

Well, I don't know if this is the best, but I've heard that Estetica Juanito is good. It's next to the Cantador park...I think it's somewhere to the left of the tunnel entrance.

There is a salon in Plaza Pozuelos close to the supermarket. I've never had my hair cut there as they quoted $225 pesos for a cut and I can get it cut for about $70 pesos in my neighborhood.

Since you are new to Guanajuato, you may find this web site helpful...

www.gtolist.com

Cindi

Austin, Texas
1 post
2. Re: Best hair salons in the city of Guanajuato

Hi Cindi. My best friend is getting married in San Miguel de Allende in Feb. I'm putting together a list of hair salons/Barbers for those that want Up Dos, Shaves before the wedding. I've included Estetica Juanito at the top of the list. Could you provide two more you would recommend in Guanajuato City? Thank you in advance. -Ashley

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Best hair salons in the city of Guanajuato

Hi,

Well, I don't really have any other salons to recommend other than Juanito's. You might look on the GTO list for other recommendations. I don't know anything about the salon in Plaza Pozuelos other than it looks clean and well-staffed.

www.gtolist.com

Good luck! If you find some good salons, could you post them on the forum? That would be helpful for others.

Cindi

Guanajuato, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Guanajuato
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Best hair salons in the city of Guanajuato

I forgot to mention a barber. There is one close to Plaza los Angeles...where Avenida Juarez makes a jog to the right. I think the barber shop is called El Gallo and is a couple of doors down from Banamex. My husband has been getting his hair cut there for years. I've even had the barber cut my hair! It's always busy and they seem to have a lot of regular customers. A haircut costs $50 pesos. I don't know what they charge for a shave or beard trim, but it's probably not expensive.

Hope that helps.

Cindi

Edited: 06 October 2018, 20:00
Reply to: Best hair salons in the city of Guanajuato
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted