We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On time dept of flights out of PVR to LAX

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
On time dept of flights out of PVR to LAX

Hi,

Can anyone advise me of the 'on time departure' of most of the airlines that fly in and out of PV from LAX? We need to book flights from LAX to PV return and am wondering do we come back to LAX 1 day early as there may be a risk of airlines cancelling flights or being majorly delayed. We have an International connection from LAX at 11pm on a saturday night and there are numerous flights that get to LAX from PV between 4-6pm that afternoon. Hence my question about 'on time deptartures' Do we risk it?

Alaska Air, US Airlines and United are the airlines.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Near Lake Tahoe
Level Contributor
536 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On time dept of flights out of PVR to LAX

We fly out of SFO and are frequent flyers with Alaska and Mexicana. We have never been delayed when departing PVR.

Calabasas, CA
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On time dept of flights out of PVR to LAX

We also have used Alaska & Mexicana for the past 20 years without any problems with delays.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On time dept of flights out of PVR to LAX

I always wish my flight from PVR would be cancelled........but no such luck yet!!!

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On time dept of flights out of PVR to LAX

LAX to PVR we have flown via Delta, Alaska, US Air, Aeromexico and Mexicana, and the only delay was a US Air plane that broke down at the gate at LAX, have never had a delay coming home, but obviously the folks waiting for our US Air plane to take them back home did.

Sydney
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On time dept of flights out of PVR to LAX

Sweet! They are the answers i was after.

Thanks a lot

Paul

6. Re: On time dept of flights out of PVR to LAX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 07:21