We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

Level Contributor
106 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

With the PB Maz in decline and about to close, what do TA travelers consider the best hotel on the beach in Golden Zone? We'd prefer to stay there, close to restaurants and shops, and not out at the PB Emerald Bay.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

We really like The Inn at Mazatlan. It is in a great location for shopping and dining. The staff is wonderful, and it has a "welcome home" feel when we walk thru the lobby doors.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

I will second the Inn at Mazatlan. Even better location than PB, and less expensive.

Wish It, Was A...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

Playa Mazatlan for all the reasons in this thread...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150792-i257-k9311…

Wyndmere,ND
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

why is it closing???

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

Timeshare contracts at PB Maz end in 2017. Things have been winding down there for a few years. I don't think anyone knows for sure what the future holds for the resort. We will be there next week....can't wait!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
573 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

Friends with Time Share at the Inn of Mazatlan told us there is remodelling (already started in fact). Swimming pool. Papagayo restaurant and older buildings are being demolished. They said PB Maz will be renovated also.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

I just looked at the Inn at Mazatlan live webcam and it is clear that there is construction going on at the restaurant, although not so clear with the swimming pools - both are full of water. This has been in the planning stages for years. I guess it's good for the sake of progress, but I'd probably stay away for awhile.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
393 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

If you are looking for a hotel...ie,..no cooking facilities..we loved "The Palms"..location, rooms, service, grounds, happy hour.. next to El Cid...Excellent!!

Level Contributor
106 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

Thanks everyone! Very helpful.

10. Re: Golden Zone Hotel recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2017, 05:17