We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any airline from Regina, Sask in May ?

Washington State
Level Contributor
305 posts
Any airline from Regina, Sask in May ?

Does anybody know of an airline flying to Mazatlan in May.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you !

Ontario
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Any airline from Regina, Sask in May ?

With Westjet pulling out of the summer trips to Maz, you're going to have to join the rest of us from Eastern Canada who have been doing the hop skip jump through at least two hubs in the U.S. with perhaps two overnighters!

Sorry, I'm being flippant, this is real serious problem this summer as the airlines pull up stakes.

The price will not be right, but you might look at getting to Mexico City, and connecting to Mazatlan. We can do this in one day still with an early start in Ontario, but even if the schedules mean an overnighter at the airport in Mexico City, we were forced into it two years ago, and it was just fine, not expensive, relaxing, and an early morning hour long flight into Maz the next day.

You just need to add up the costs of the overnighters plus airfares....for us the Mexico City option is surprisingly relaxed if we can afford it.

Not sure this helps......

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
13,125 posts
142 reviews
2. Re: Any airline from Regina, Sask in May ?

Neils is right... even from out west. it's no good. WestJet stops end of April.and the darn old Charter SunWing (that I thought we might just TRY for first time) Dropped all their Pkgs. so off to Vallarta instead... Darn ,really wanted to go back to the Riu Emerald Bay.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
167 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Any airline from Regina, Sask in May ?

WE are having the same issues with Alaska Airlines from the West Coast . We live in Boise, Idaho and are having to do a overnigher on both ends of the trip. Really cuts into our vacation time.

Then for the winter schedule- it is the same thing. Plus the has cut the Non Stop Flight out from Seattle, which only leaves LAX as a option and there again- 2 over nites.

But yet They have 7 days a week From Boise, thru Seatle, Portland and LAX and returns with no overnights either way to Cabo and Puerta Vallarta.

Yet they have cancelled the Non Stop thru Seattle for the Winter Season - and that was only flying onSaturday and Sunday and the Planes were totally packed coming and going.

I will continue to correspond with Alaska on write letters and emails, as I with alot of other people are not happy with this.

I Love Mazatlan and I think that if Alaska keeps cutting flights and making it ridulous unless you live in LAX , then maybe some of the Hotels should stop offering Alaska Packages- when they have some limited the flights to get to Mazatlan.

People need to let the Airlines know they are unhappy. That includes ANY of the Airlines. If we as consumers do not let them know that we want better schedules back- then nothing will changes- All we can do is try- but we need to voice our opinions

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,883 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Any airline from Regina, Sask in May ?

Just an FYI....we are also from Saskatchewan, but Saskatoon and not Regina.

We have gone to Mexico the past 5 years in early August- but only to CUN, PVR or ZIH, since WestJet has direct flights from Calgary to those three all summer long (at least one or two of them, that is).

Look on www.expedia.ca - click on 'build on your own package' and choose Regina as your departure city- see what comes up, that is how we book usually. Sometimes we have to drive to Calgary and fly, which is a PITA yes but saves a lot of $$, but sometimes they give you a decent same-day connection for basically free.

Edited: 23 March 2012, 16:23
5. Re: Any airline from Regina, Sask in May ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:16