We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back home in Acapulco

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
111 reviews
Back home in Acapulco

The day started out fine. We left the gate early and we were on the runway when the pilot came on and told us we were returning to the gate for a mechanical issue. 1 1/2 hours later we were on our way. By now me and two thirds of the plane were in a panic because we all had connections. Lucky for me I had a 2 1/2 hour layover in Houston and arrived 52 minutes before departure. I raced for the train and made my flight with 20 minutes to spare and my luggage made it to ACA :)

Took the collectivo and they put me in a brand new taxi with another couple. Happily I was the first one dropped off. I settled in at the Fiesta Americana and headed over to the Park for happy hour. Met Dollarbill, Sunshineblix, Acasun and host of others. Having been up since 3:00 a.m. and the last time I had eaten was 6:30 a..m., two pina coladas put me under the table. I headed over to Jacalito with Dollarbill and the gang for a really good meal. I had the tampiquena which came with soup or salad, guacamole, couple of taquitos, chicken enchilada and a good sized piece of arrachera. I also really liked their salsa. A nice new find for me.

Back to the hotel and the day is done as I am done. Hopefully I will sleep good tonight listening to the sound of the water. Life is good.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
346 posts
1 review
1. Re: Back home in Acapulco

It's great you made it "home" and didn't waste any time getting out on the town.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,313 posts
256 reviews
2. Re: Back home in Acapulco

Sounds great Jane and were you on or under the table :)) I've seen Jacalito and I know Bill likes it a lot. I have to try it.

I hope the gang there is over their colds!!

Edited: 12 February 2012, 11:50
St. Paul, Mn
Level Contributor
224 posts
3. Re: Back home in Acapulco

Great seeing you last night @ happy hourJane,also glad you enjoyed your meal.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
8,681 posts
33 reviews
4. Re: Back home in Acapulco

I'm sitting here agitated because I had planned to on a whim show up next week, but I can't. 9 weeks per year spread over 3-4 trips/yr and I've now crossed a full year of no Aca....Seems almost like a distant memory.

I can only imagine how great it feels that first morning you wake up and realize your in Aca...Have fun, be safe!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
22 reviews
5. Re: Back home in Acapulco

Nice going Jane! btw: seems that you escaped from FL just in time... cold front with lows in the 30's. Here too. brrrrrr!

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,313 posts
256 reviews
6. Re: Back home in Acapulco

Wow that would have been nice Need.....very tough now I know....

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
111 reviews
7. Re: Back home in Acapulco

Sunday I started my day with OXXO coffee and met up with Dollar Bill, Drayton and Murph and headed down to La Cabana for lunch. Location and view were great as usual except the water was too cool for me although you northerners will probably think it is warm. Lol. I hope it warms up in a few days. We stopped by the Bor on the way for Dollarbill to check it out. The day started a little over cast but the sun finally came out and stayed out all day. The clouds that have been hanging over ACA are supposed to start diminishing today. Just in time for Truck's arrival.

The Park Hotel had their Valentines Day party last night and the whole gang was there. Another good time was had by all. On my way home I stopped and got an order of tacos al pastor from Toro Salvaje and they were better than I remember.

The streets have quieted down since the weekend but there are people here. I have to agree with Dollarbill that the "siren factor" is way way down this year. I have only heard sirens three times and each time it was an ambulance. I am so happy I made the decision to come back to ACA.

Need, sorry you won't make it. That would have been a nice surprise. I know things are not great at home right now. Hang in here.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Back home in Acapulco

Darn,

I want to go back to Acapulco on vacation again one day!!!!!!!

Maybe I'll need to just take a month off!! ;-)

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: Back home in Acapulco

You and Mr. Acasun can come to Ontatio for a vacation :)Thanks for the update Janie. Look after $Bill. I imagine the Bor was really quiet. I swam in Caleta Bay in January. You're right. It's fine for a Norteno :)

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,313 posts
256 reviews
10. Re: Back home in Acapulco

Your right Jane perfectly warm for us!!! Can't wait to get there and take in that bay!! Your right about the weather too wed on looks perfect.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco