We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun in Acapulco

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
83 reviews
Fun in Acapulco

The 'Turner Classic Movies' (TCM) cable channel in the USA scheduled 'Fun in Acapulco' starring Elvis Presley today and I was able to watch about 1/2 hour of it upon returning home from work. It was fun to watch some of the movie scenes filmed at the Hilton Hotel (now the Emporio), La Perla Restaurant and La Quebrada.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,282 posts
256 reviews
1. Re: Fun in Acapulco

I picked up a DVD a few years back & pop it in for that same scene At the Emporio now...And the intro to the movie with the bay is still the best :)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Fun in Acapulco

Its amazing how any visual of the Acapulco bay puts a smile on your face no matter where it comes from. I know I still watch reruns of Paradise Hotel and a couple episodes of blind date where Acapulco was featured. That backdrop is just an assault on the mind. Makes me want to book a flight immediately. Patience grass hopper.

Merced, California
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: Fun in Acapulco

I also enjoy the bicycle scene as the camera pans through the Zocalo business areas.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
4. Re: Fun in Acapulco

thanks for the memories.........before i moved to acapulco i have to confess that we all used to be glued to the tv to watch the love boat because they made one of the ports of call .........acapulco!!!!!!

oh si si si viva acapulco......lol......zzaa

Hilton Head, SC
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
5. Re: Fun in Acapulco

And, in addition to being glued to "The Love Boat" - the opening of every "Dynasty" tv show - showed the Villa Vera pool and grounds - for the intro to Joan Collins. . . now, there is a diva!

St. Paul, Mn
Level Contributor
224 posts
6. Re: Fun in Acapulco

Has any one every seen the movie Pure Luck?? It also was all filmed in Acap.

It never made it big in the movies but is really a good movie very funny with Danny Glover & Martin Short . I think you all will enjoy all the site of Acap , in it.

Hilton Head, SC
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
7. Re: Fun in Acapulco

That movie Pure Luck is hysterical! Lots of good on-site filming done near Caleta and the lagoon out by Barra Vieja - there was also another cute movie (can't think of the name) but it had Carrie Fisher in it as an overbearing mother ~ and was filmed at the Princess - about a destination wedding; but, of course, the bride fell in love with an Acapulcoquenian and ditched the other guy.Filmed probably in the last 5 years of so. Viva Acapulco!

Hilton Head, SC
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
8. Re: Fun in Acapulco

Just found the name of the movie - filmed in 2005 "Romancing the Bride" - actually if you google "Carrie Fisher, movie Acapulco" - a nice article comes up from NY Times that Carrie wrote to her mother as she was in Acapulco - she talks about staying at the Princess, the buses and a wild Disney gone berserk ride in the lagoon she took. If you get an opportunity to rent it, guys, it is a cute movie.

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
104 reviews
9. Re: Fun in Acapulco

Also check out Agatha Christies "Murder in Three Acts" with Tony Curtis gorgeous scenes of Acapulco. The Crowne is in about half of it.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
10. Re: Fun in Acapulco

I know I've mentioned this before, but one of my favorite movies is Por La Libre or Dust to Dust. It's a great movie with scenes from Baby O, Barbaroja and a love making scene from Los Flamingos, but in the movie it's called La Perla.

I'll never forget my vacation partner waking me up when I was totally zonked at 1am to get ready to go out and telling me to quickly turn on the TV and Por La Libre was on and the scene where they go to Baby O came on.....It was so bizarre because we were going to Baby O that night.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco