We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights between ACA and Mexico City

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
111 reviews
Flights between ACA and Mexico City

I have been cleared for takeoff July 2 for ACA. The problem is airfare--$683 on Continental. I'm trying to use my United Miles to fly to Mexico City and then pick up a connection their but I am having trouble coordinating times with the airlines that I am aware of that fly between those two cities. Does anyone know of any airlines other than Mexicana, Aeromexico and Aviacsa that fly this route? My brain is fried after spending 3 hours trying to coordinate this last night.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Flights between ACA and Mexico City

Another option, there is a direct bus from Mexico City Airport to Aca, believe it runs twice per day, might be a better way to do the connection, and cheaper. Believe you found all the airlines that fly that route.

You could probably do the bus one way and fly the other. Remember Mexican airlines domestically only allows one bag. The other is an extra charge.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Flights between ACA and Mexico City

Rolynn, I have been thinking about the bus too. The only problem is on my return when my flight departs from MEX around 11:30 a.m. I would need a really early bus that morning. Also tried checking Estrella de Oro's website for times directly from the Airport but it is not working well today.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
873 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Flights between ACA and Mexico City

I fried my brain about a year ago and finally gave up. I use the bus now. I can leave AFTER work too, rather than losing a day flying. Vacation days are gold!

I always leave out of Mexico City's southern station (Taxquena).

However, following up on what Rolynn stated, Estrella de Oro's website indicates that it offers service from Mexico City's AIRPORT to Acapulco.

The schedule I'm seeing does indeed indicate two per day, 830AM and 1145PM, although the late departure looks to be 1245AM on 26 April.

You can play w/ your dates:

http://www.autobus.com.mx/edo/index.jsp

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Flights between ACA and Mexico City

acajane, you can fly out real early from Aca, think the first flight is around 7am.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,524 posts
1 review
5. Re: Flights between ACA and Mexico City

Jane -

Not sure what it is you're looking for; but my search at www.kayak.com is showing that there are early/mid-afternoon flights on the 2nd (MEX into ACA) - assuming you'll arrive sometime in the a.m. via United (though you state that) ... and return flights (ACA back to MEX) on the 9th - assuming that's your return-date) - early in the a.m., with sufficient time to catch an 11:30 flight home.

They all run in the ballpark of $300 (Mexicana, Aviacsa, and AeroMexico).

Is that what you're trying to accomplish?

Ron

> There's also AeroMar (www.aeromar.com.mx); but the flights into ACA - from the DF - are limited to early-a.m. (7:00ish) or early-evening (18:50). Fares are also about $300.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,524 posts
1 review
6. Re: Flights between ACA and Mexico City

Sorry - meant to say that you DIDN'T state your arrival time @ MEX (via United).

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
111 reviews
7. Re: Flights between ACA and Mexico City

My problem now is that for award travel the flights I want on United are not coming up for the days I want to travel. I also found a fare on Aviacsa for around $60 round trip which is really cheap but the return flight to MEX doesn't work for me. I need to get on the phone with United to see if they will give me award travel on the early flight. As vacation time is very precious, I don't want to spend 12 hours plus on travel days if I can avoid it. I also don't want to wait too much longer to buy my ticket because I think the fares are going to go up and not down.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
8,681 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Flights between ACA and Mexico City

Jane,I don't like being ripped off or paying too much, but I don't think you will save that much by going through Mex City. More importantly, the 3+ hours you have spent is money IMO. The most your going to save if I was to guess is a hundred bucks, but you will need excedrine for migraine from starring at the pc searching every which way to get to Aca. :-)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Flights between ACA and Mexico City

Rolyn, What bus line runs directly from the airport in Mexico City to Aca? I wasn't aware of any.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
873 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: Flights between ACA and Mexico City

Need...you are right about the "migraine"!!!

After many hours of surfing and (atempts at) pulling out my hair, I finally decided that the overnight bus Mexico City --> Acapulco worked for me:

1. Could work all day rather than leaving at noon to fly to Acapuclo, arriving after prime beach time while wasting a vacation day travelling.

2. Would save the first night's hotel by spending it on the bus. (I sleep like a baby on the Diamante.)

3. Net savings of about $100 airfare to Acapulco vs. airfare DFW-MEX and bus from Mexico to Acapulco. (Hotel savings additional)

Avoiding headaches is good!!

I've got a nice routine now that's been quite pleasant and reliable. Somebody may see me hiking from the bus terminal to Costa Azul Saturday morning 03 May with two backpacks in tow. :-)

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco