We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emporia or Hyatt???

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Emporia or Hyatt???

Hi, which hotel is nicer? better beach? food? service? location for nite life? This is for a group of college girls for spring break trip and we want it to be nice since its our senior year. I appreciate your opinions.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Emporia or Hyatt???

Bermuda...The Emporio pretty much all around is better....Much better pool and beach area. I also think it's more happening than Hyatt.

Hyatt is a little closer to the major clubs, but you still need a taxi either way except for Alabrije and BabyO. Emporio is closer to bars and Disco Beach.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,508 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Emporia or Hyatt???

There's really not a lot to choose between them. Emporio is more central and nearer the beach bars, Hyatt is at one end and nearer the upscale night clubs. For me, Emporio is slightly better located but if you want a more scientific approach I suggest you toss a coin.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,447 posts
1 review
3. Re: Emporia or Hyatt???

Ditto "the Emporio" ... especially for its center-bay location (and short/easy walk to all the beach-bars along Playa Condesa, as Steve mentioned).

From there, it's only a 2-mile cab-ride ... to reach the clubs at the eastern end of La Costera - and about a mile uphill, beyond that, to the Palladium. But I think you might really enjoy being in the heart of the Bay ... where there's lots of beachside action at that time of year.

Note: I see that you've also inquired about Spring-Break hotels at the Puerto Vallarta forum; and although "Spring Break" isn't my specialty, TA-member Need4SpeedNJ is the guy to offer you some expert advice on this (i.e. that Acapulco, not PV, is the better choice for the type of trip you're looking at).

And don't do an all-inclusive deal "for the food"! There are way too many reasonably-priced (and even "dirt-cheap") eateries and restaurants in Acapulco ... offering lunches & dinners which put most of the hotel fare to shame. I believe, however, that the Emporio offers some sort of abbreviated "AI" package (for the booze - and maybe their breakfast buffet). Others will know more about this than I do.

Good Luck.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
4. Re: Emporia or Hyatt???

tuff choice.......the hyatt is a closer to the night life but then again the emporio is close to the condea beach that have a lot of action in the evening aswell ...........if you want a walmart right infront of your hotel then go for the hyatt.......the do have a very good breakfast buffet there........if you would like a big shopping mall and a flea market close by then chose the emporio..........the hyatt has more than one pool.......the emporio has one big pool......both are located right on the beach........but please dont go all inclusive for your food as ron has mentioned to many good affordable places to enjoy as far as the food goes.......you would be missing out on half of the fun by going all inclusive..........just my two centavos worth.......zzaa

Floral Park, New...
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Emporia or Hyatt???

I have to go with the EMPORIO as well...I just like the layout of the property better & the Location also is more central...I think the Beach, Food & service is close but the Hotel itself & central location puts the Emporio over the top...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
176 reviews
6. Re: Emporia or Hyatt???

Emporio has been great the three times we've stayed there. Great rooms, great location, great views, and great memories.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: Emporia or Hyatt???

Just some additional info. I think I mentioned this before but just to be certain here it is again. I'm not sure if you girls would be dealing with a spring break company but I have checked multiple sites and it dosn't seem that they are using the emporia for any of their packages. The hyatt is however being used. The emporia is located beside the playa suites which is a big spring break hotel so you will still be near the action if you stay at the emporia. You then have the advantage of the relaxation of the emporia with few spring breakers and the option to head to the playa for the pool parties and such. Hyatt will be busier with breakers so that may sway your decision. If more peace and quiet are to your liking then Emporia is your best choice but if you want to be at a property with more students, the Hyatt would suit that need. Depends on what you want. I would stay at the emporia personally. JMO.

Dave

London, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
15 reviews
8. Re: Emporia or Hyatt???

Opps emporio, not emporia. My bad.

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Emporia or Hyatt???

hey dave, we are booking emporio today with a travel agent . I agree with all you said and that is why we want to stay there.. Thank you!

illinois
Level Contributor
238 posts
10. Re: Emporia or Hyatt???

i stayed at the emporio in 06 and there were plenty of spring breakers there...that was at the end of feb and the beginning of march..usually stay at the hyatt in the fall so don't know if there are many spring breakers there...usually they all stay at the playa..hack

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco