We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars to start closing

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
111 reviews
Bars to start closing

I read that they are ordering the bars to start closing at 1:00 am.

reporterosacapulco.com.mx/2018/…

67 replies to this topic
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Bars to start closing

There was another shooting outside the La Poderosa Bar on the costera (2 shot, hospitalized still, I think)......they should seriously CLOSE that place.

Peterborough & the...
Level Contributor
510 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Bars to start closing

AcaJane

Are you serious, I mean the Palladium and Baby'os do not even start to happen until around 1:00 am. Also would this apply to Gentleman's clubs like Samantha's ??

Thanks for any update

Peterborough & the...
Level Contributor
510 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Bars to start closing

Acapulco Resident

Here's the English Translation: By Reporters Acapulco

Saturday, November 10, 2018 Share Tweet Share Pin Email

Acapulco Guerrero; to November 10, 2018. - After 1 am the bars located in the Costera Miguel Alemán must be lowering their curtains, as the owners of the bars assured, this at the request of the Regulation and Entertainment Unit, which warned that the president Adela Román Ocampo endorses this request.

From today at dawn, bars located on the coast in front of Club del Sol, messages could be observed with the notice "by disposition of the municipal agency Regulations and Shows we will close to the

1 am".

This has generated many criticisms on social networks, ensuring that they will end the nightlife of this beach destination.

However, the opinions are divided since another sector believes that, with these regulations, criminal acts will decrease considerably.

In the early morning these businesses will begin to close at one o'clock in the morning, which is as set by the authorities of Regulations and Shows and Adela Román Ocampo.

Edited: 11 November 2018, 17:52
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Bars to start closing

oh wow...wont that give a different vibe to Acapulco if this comes to pass! the article states only the bars on the Costera...not sure how thats really going to help as everyone will likely just move off the strip a block back then. And if they do a city-wide enforcement--uhm yeah-- I just dont think thats going to go over so well at all. Thanks for the post- very interesting!

Peterborough & the...
Level Contributor
510 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Bars to start closing

AcaJane

Are you serious, I mean the Palladium and Baby'os do not even start to happen until around 1:00 am. Also would this apply to Gentleman's clubs like Samantha's ??

Thanks for any update

Edited: 11 November 2018, 17:55
Peterborough & the...
Level Contributor
510 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Bars to start closing

Leanne D.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it will be a trial and they will see how it goes. I wonder now, if people instead of not going out until 11:00 am, will now start going out at 9:00 am and if Palladium that opens at 10:30 pm, will now open at 9:00 pm ??

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Bars to start closing

Heatison...im having a small chuckle at your typos- going out at 9am! lmao...obvs i know what you mean though

;) ...and i suppose thats one answer to it but that calls for ALOT of cultural change as well and I just cant see it. Acapulco is kinda like the wild west in many ways and the law trying to dictate to everyone how their evening activities must be is really contrary to that.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Bars to start closing

It's not what laws they pass, it's which laws they enforce. There's an entire plethora of reasons as to why they would pass such a law, and another plethora of reasons as to why they wouldn't enforce it. We shall see....

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
34 reviews
9. Re: Bars to start closing

Years ago this would have been a deal breaker for Spring Breakers, and me.

But now I welcome the peace and quiet any time after 1 AM.

I find it hard to believe this will ever even happen. Most locals like to get out late and stay out later!

It's always been that way.

What will happen to the Emporio weddings that go until 4 AM?

And most bars have already toned down the music! I'd hate to see those lose any more money!

Just close down those places like La Ponderosa!

The 1 AM closings won't stop the shootings, they'll just move back a block or two!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
1 review
10. Re: Bars to start closing

I agree with Callie — even though it won't impact our stay.

"It's not what laws they pass, it's which laws they enforce ... We shall see."

Calandria laws, smoking laws, the 14-year-olds who drive disco buses ... and policia with no guns. I doubt that the Costera bars will be locking up @ 1am (especially the Playa Condesa bars).

> but I do agree with some of the rationale

Reply to: Bars to start closing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco