We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip from CDMX?

Boston...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip from CDMX?

I'm thinking, just for fun, about doing a beach day from Mexico City--air fares look low enough to make it more or less affordable, and there are plenty of flights.

What I need is a good beach club, clean beach, good food, lockers if possible, and easy access from/to the airport. What do you recommend?

2 replies to this topic
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,271 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip from CDMX?

Joe

Just a few threads down a beach club was mentioned in Zona diamante that's is very nice and close to the airport.

On top of that 2 places I find very nice are La Playita in Costa azul. It is located on the bay about 30 minutes from the airport. I have had a few drinks there but have not eaten there yet though I am told the food is very good. If kayaking is something you enjoy they do have one you could use when using their property though I am not sure it is always readily available.

Another place I can highly recommend is and not far from the airport would be the Elcano beach club very nice place to spend an afternoon with a decent enough pool. I do not believe any have lockers that I know of for sure but I could be wrong.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,876 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip from CDMX?

You might want to consider spending the night. You will find plenty of hotel bargains. Truck has given you some good suggestions. I would also recommed La Cabana on Playa Caleta although that would be a good 45 minutes or more from the airport.

Edited: 02 July 2018, 23:58
Reply to: Day Trip from CDMX?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco