We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Curious ...

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,523 posts
1 review
Just Curious ...

Went out for a late dinner last night & headed back to the hotel just past 11. Not too many buses at that time (which I already know) ... about a 10-minute wait; but then the driver told me it was 10 pesos each at that time (for a disco bus). True? Or was he just conning a few extra pesos out of a couple of gringos. Never heard of that. I let him know but paid it anyway. No big deal.

7 replies to this topic
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,313 posts
256 reviews
1. Re: Just Curious ...

I'm not sure I am sleeping by then lol. I would say Con :)

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,950 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Just Curious ...

I vote con. Last year I got the same driver several times. He always charged me more than the fare.

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Just Curious ...

Some never give any change

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
234 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Just Curious ...

Ron you were over charged 2 pesos per person dont loose any sleep over it ok .....lol...Carmen

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
515 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Just Curious ...

Ron we were just on the bus with you at around 11pm and all 4 of us were charged 8 pesos. You were conned out of 4 pesos, there goes your allowance for your last day in Aca.

BC
Level Contributor
5,616 posts
201 reviews
6. Re: Just Curious ...

Ron, same thing when we were there in January. First night I took my hubby out late. Had my 16 pesos ready and handed it to the driver, he said 10 each. I said what?? but paid it.

An old guy got on a few stops later and the driver also told him 10. The guy said no and just paid 8, he didn't look like he could afford the extra. Think everyone was paying 10. I love those disco buses.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Just Curious ...

Many taxis and now buses are trying to pull the "after 11 p.m." fare increase. Consider it another Acapulco tax.

Reply to: Just Curious ...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco