We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How dangerous is Acapulco?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
How dangerous is Acapulco?

There is a conference I am contemplating on attending in Acapulco and was wondering how unsafe is it in reality for tourists?

Thanks.

BC
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
201 reviews
1. Re: How dangerous is Acapulco?

Not unsafe at all for tourists.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
234 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: How dangerous is Acapulco?

You will be fine enjoy your time here Iam from Toronto too but have been living here for the past 40 years with no incedents happen to me...........need anyfurther info feel free to ask..........Carmen

Calgary Alberta...
Level Contributor
165 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: How dangerous is Acapulco?

Way safer than a mall in Scarborough

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: How dangerous is Acapulco?

But how can you say that when I am reading there are 6 murders a day. There are nowhere near that many in all of Toronto on a weekly basis never mind Scarborough.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,476 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: How dangerous is Acapulco?

You're reading about things that happened miles away from Acapulco. Tourists are not targets. How can we say this? Because we have been on the ground and it has been safe. Just returned from a week with guests and booked another week in February. You asked, we told you. Don't believe us. .

BC
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
201 reviews
6. Re: How dangerous is Acapulco?

I get tired of people asking questions and then they want to argue, makes me think they aren't serious questions.

I have been all over Mexico, many times and places with my daughter and have felt the safest in Acapulco. That is 2 women. We walk everywhere. Now if you are going to go to strip clubs and want to rip them off, or to buy illegal drugs etc, I can not say how safe you would be.

BC
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
201 reviews
7. Re: How dangerous is Acapulco?

Ok, just saw that you had posts on the Jamaica forum......and you are worried about safety in Acapulco???? You have got to be kidding, do you not know what is going on in Jamaica? I would never go back there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: How dangerous is Acapulco?

Yeah, Jamaica isnt all that great. Everyone is so defensive here, If I wasn't interested I wouldn't be asking, Ive got better things to do with my time. This is exactly the information from the ground I am looking for. My previous comment was a response to the comment about a Scarborough mall. I am looking for serious answers and anyone that says that its more dangerous in a mall in Scarborough than Acapulco is either joking or is out of their mind. Anyway I appreciate the feedback.

Level Contributor
1,829 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: How dangerous is Acapulco?

In the state where Acapulco is located there is really only 1 large city. It is Acapulco. As a result of this all the bylines and news reports tend to go out under the heading of “Acapulco”. Even if the activity is hundreds of miles away. Kinda a bum wrap

That being said, my wife and I spend 2-3 months each winter in Sca and will go back next Wed the 31st. You would want to stay in the tourist areas which might sound confining but it is not. You might actually be going to one of the resorts out on the edge of town.

Standard precautions are advised. No flashy jewelry, displays of wealth, stay in the Costera area( miles long) blue and white cabs. We find that if you ask a blue and white driver to take you somehere he will balk and advise you not to go in that area.

We have been going for years and have never had a problem nor do I worry and fret about issues. If you are a druggie, heavy drinking late night person with a rude attitude and needing to flash your assests then go somewhere else please. Thank you

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
25 reviews
10. Re: How dangerous is Acapulco?

Thanks. I guess I should be fine, my drinking days are over although I do like to smoke the occasional J. I don't plan on leaving the tourist areas, after reading the news I wasnt planning on leaving the resort but the posts here are reassuring.

Cheers.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco