We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer

Spring Branch, Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfer

I assume the best way to get to the Fiesta Americana from the airport is by taxi. Any advice. Approximate cost?

11 replies to this topic
Ontario
Level Contributor
4,466 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfer

You get a ticket at the airport and it should be about 400 pesos (maybe $25?). Going back you can grab any cab on the Costera for about $20. If you have a larger party, check the "Private transportation" section under Top Questions about Acapulco. Have fun.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfer

Let us know if they take you through the new tunnel instead of the scenic route and how long it takes. I'm curious as I would prefer the scenic route.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,271 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfer

Has the tunnel cut much time off the trip I wonder?

And I agree cab or private transport whichever your prefer. Sometimes its nice to hit Walmart for a few things and its nice to have someone you know wait for you.

Level Contributor
1,802 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfer

Betting the tunnel is more for nationals coming from Mex City. Local cabs probably will be scenic unless requested. ( just a guess)

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,271 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfer

I bet your right.

Cypress, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfer

So is it $25 per person or per taxi?

Level Contributor
1,802 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfer

Per cab. There should be a “Zone Map” near where you book the cab. That will define cost. Maybe I should mention that was previous terminal. Have not heard if new terminal is ready for intnl arrivals yet.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfer

$400.00 pesos sounds right. You have to request and pay the tunnel fee. it wasn't that much .(just slipped my mind) Cuts the time more than half. Love the scenic route if there is not crazy traffic. Took over 1-1/2 hours a few years ago. Landed on a holiday Sunday..Ran out of cervezas.Only brought 2-1 each. Enjoy!!!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfer

Jan.2018 we paid 450 peso for 3 of us to the Gran Plaza and 52 pesos for the tunnel and yes Don it saves a lot of time.The scenic route is nice but I just wanna get to the hotel,

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Transfer

DON, only buying 2 cervezas is a crime on any level!!!! Always a 6 pack for the trip in!

Reply to: Airport Transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco