We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice would be appreciated please

merseyside
Level Contributor
518 posts
58 reviews
Any advice would be appreciated please

hi guys, I'm looking to take a holiday to either Mexico or Cuba for two weeks. I've never been to this part of the world before, I holiday mostly South East Asia. I'm going to be visiting on my own, looking to be going end of February/early March. Staying in an all inclusive resort, maybe do a few day trips. Can anyone tell me how safe visiting Mexico is for a single female? I'm definetly looking at staying on the Pacific Coast. I'd really appreciate any advice people can offer. Thanks, Kerry :)

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,800 posts
213 reviews
1. Re: Any advice would be appreciated please

You will always hear someone's safety concerns for any destination, but millions of visitors safely enjoy Mexico. An all -inclusive even more so. Your destination will be guided by where your flights land. For example if all the packages use Puerto Vallarta airport you should concentrate on Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Punta Mita and Bucerias. Once you narrow the choice you might re-post on that specific forum. Here's a flavour: https:/…

merseyside
Level Contributor
518 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: Any advice would be appreciated please

Hi, thanks for taking the time out to get back to me, it's much appreciated:)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
45,039 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Any advice would be appreciated please

I agree - most AI located on the Pacific coast side of Mexico are in Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Ixtapa. You may want to go to those specific forums for further research and opinions. :)

merseyside
Level Contributor
518 posts
58 reviews
4. Re: Any advice would be appreciated please

Thanks, I'll do some more research on those areas - appreciate the input

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
45,039 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Any advice would be appreciated please

I would add that staying at an AI isn't the only safe way to see & explore Mexico...research as much as you can about Mexico - it is a wonderful country with lovely people and amazing food. :)

6. Re: Any advice would be appreciated please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2017, 05:17