We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any advice on how to get to cd juarez and return to el paso

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Any advice on how to get to cd juarez and return to el paso

My husband and I are going to the U.S consulate next month, and we are nervous on how to get to Ciudad Juarez safe and be able to return back to El Paso airport. I had read some of the post through this site, but some of this information are from many years ago. Please, advice me on how get around ciudad juarez and return back.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
17,891 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Any advice on how to get to cd juarez and return to el paso

There are taxis which are allowed to cross the border. I think you will need to find out about them locally once you arrive. You can also call the consulate and ask.

1 post
2. Re: Any advice on how to get to cd juarez and return to el paso

Me and my wife also need to go to ciudad jurez in dec. we are also from near by chicago right off interstate 80 and 39. If u find any information in a good safe taxi plz let us know thank you. My email is eduaryivon@yahoo.com

Long Beach...
1 post
3. Re: Any advice on how to get to cd juarez and return to el paso

How did you end up crossing from El Paso to CDJ?

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Any advice on how to get to cd juarez and return to el paso

My original plan was to take a taxi to the grey hound from el Paso airport ($25), then the grey hound from el Paso to cuidad Juarez ($10), then a taxi ($15) to my hotel (Near the US consulate) but didn't have the time I though I would have because my fight was delayed 3 hrs and the wife was waiting for me Juarez. So I opted to take a taxi directly to the hotel from El Paso airport ($70). But still overall it was cheaper, even paying the $70 for the taxi to take me directly to the hotel, than flying into Cuidad Juarez from LAX.

5. Re: Any advice on how to get to cd juarez and return to el paso

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 07:17