We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Holiday Inn! Any tips?

Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Just booked Holiday Inn! Any tips?

Excited! Just booked for end of March- one week without the kids. Would love to know a good place to eat out in town, local shopping and any other great ideas about resort. Jose and lucas?Thanks in advance.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,918 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked Holiday Inn! Any tips?

Hi LolaSask

The Los Cabos forum mostly collects forum threads and has few readers. Try reposting on the San Jose del Cabo forum, the town where the Holiday Inn is located.

But .... the San Jose DE and a big fan of the Holiday Inn usually reads the Los Cabos forum so she can see all the SanJose and the Cabo San Lucas threads, so she might reply here.

Local shopping? Walk or take a 50-60 peso taxi. Sidewalks are shaded, store merchants are low key, stop for some great Mexican candy.

Map wikimapia.org/…1

Have a great time!

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked Holiday Inn! Any tips?

Hey the HI is a great hotel, we have stayed their twice in the last year. once when it was still an Intercontinental hotel and once since the HI took over, both times were great.

A great little place in SJD i would consider a must try is El Herradero their hot pots are fantastic. It is located just off Blvd. Antonio Mijares on Benito Juarez (left at the fire hall)

Another great place if your up for a truly authentic experience is to try the food court at the Mercado Municipal it's kind of hard to find so you may need to take a cab. The food is awesome and crazy cheap and eating where the locals eat was an amazing experience. The Mercado (market) itself has a few small shops that sell everything from fresh produce to fish to souvenirs.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just booked Holiday Inn! Any tips?

Well here I am....PNW knows me well, I do check this forum just so I can see whats happening in both places:-) When in San Jose you might want to check out Teo's it is a little kind of hole in the wall place as you enter the main shopping area that has cold beer and pretty good food, I like Tropicana too especially their outdoor seating so I can people watch, for dinner my favorite place is Meson de Angels the food is good the atmosphere is lovely and the mojitos are made by the best mojito maker in the world;-) Actually he gives you a demonstration of how to make them at your table he makes it into quite an entertaining little show I didn't know there were so many different types of mojitos to choose from. Don't forget the artwalk on Thursday evenings from 5:30 - 9:00 in San Jose you can enjoy a bit of complimentary wine as you walk around the different galleries then maybe after that stop by one of the restaurants and have a nice dinner and a few cocktails. The art district is located at the end of Blvd Antonio Mijares by the town square. There is horseback riding on the beach at the hotel you can catch the guy with the horses right there on the beach or walk next door where he keeps most of the horses during the day, he sometimes lets the horses graze at the estuary next to the hotel and you can see him taking a siesta against one of the trees over by the adult pool side of the hotel. Also there is an ultra lite plane that lands on the beach by the hotel so if you are up for that you can arrange a ride it is about $50 for 20 minutes.

As to the hotel itself well pretty much anything I say is with bias because I really do love it actually it is the staff that I love they are very good (IMO) the best in all of Cabo! One of the best features of the hotel besides the staff is the layout each section has its own personality and the fact that none of the buildings is more than 3 stories high with architecture that looks and feels like Mexico and beautiful cactus gardens not to mention that there is an esturary on one side and the a large open lot on the other side before there are any other hotels just makes it feel open and secluded. The beach is wide and wonderful for walking and a perfect place to watch the sunrise. Do take a sweater or light hoodie with you because the evening can get a bit chilly with the breeze off the ocean especially after a day of too much laying in the sun. Gosh I am making myself want to come up with another excuse I mean reason why I need to make another trip down there now:-)

I will let others from the CSL experts give you ideas about Cabo San Lucas since I admit I don't go there as much as I use too.

Have a wonderful time!!

Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just booked Holiday Inn! Any tips?

Thanks for the great advice. We look forward to the art walk and trying a restaurant to two. And having a beer to two somewhere! May have to try the monitors! Thanks.

5. Re: Just booked Holiday Inn! Any tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:17