We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback Riding For the Experienced?

Lake Stevens...
Level Contributor
151 posts
3 reviews
Horseback Riding For the Experienced?

Hi All,

I really need some help trying to pick a place to book a trail/beach ride for a party of 2.I am a VERY experienced rider. My friend on the other hand, has only ridden a couple of times. We wanted to book a private ride with Cuadra San Francisco but I think it may end up being a bit too pricey since transportation is not included. I despise (absolutely despise) those nose-to-tail rides where the horses are so pathetic that you feel about guilty riding them.

I would appreciate any feedback that anyone can offer:

Cuadra San Francisco – This place has great reviews.

Does anybody know how much RT cab fare will be from the Grand Mayan?

Has anyone done the private ride and was it worth the money?

Rancho Beach Ride – From Cabo San Lucas Tours – I can’t find any reviews on this tour but the company has some good ones. A group ride is almost half the price of Cuadra SF and transportation is included.

Has anybody done this tour?

Were you able to ride at your own pace?

Were the horses and tack in good shape?

Would you have preferred a private tour?

TIA for your help

T

Cabo Pulmo, Mexico
Level Contributor
684 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Horseback Riding For the Experienced?

Be careful what you ask for :)

Found this gem while searching: "Last time I ever horseback ride again! The 2 hour ride on the beach was pure torture! The entire time in the saddle was continuous pain in my butt, my legs, and my bal**. I was especially near death when trotting. My wife and I were aching for days as she got a huge purple and red bruise on her "lower area" too. I Wish we hadn't done this trip but the pics came out great..."

Cuadra San Francisco is the premier equestrian center for Los Cabos. So, you can expect the best from them if you are ready.

This link answers your questions a lot better:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k13454…

Let us know what your experience was :)

Mexico
Level Contributor
17 posts
99 reviews
2. Re: Horseback Riding For the Experienced?

You will get everything you want from Cuadra San Francisco. The horses are in wonderful shape as is the tack. If you are a very experienced rider I would suggest a private tour so you can go at your own pace because if you are on a ride with children or beginners they are take care of first. Be sure and tell of your level of experience and you will be given a horse that you will enjoy. Very much worth it and also you can take a bus to save money but it is always better to rent a car in Cabo because the taxis are really expensive and there is so much to do that is not next to the hotels.

3. Re: Horseback Riding For the Experienced?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 05:30