We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Krabi VS Krabi La Playa resort

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Holiday Inn Krabi VS Krabi La Playa resort

Looking to travel to Krabi for 3 nights next March and want to stay in a Pool Access room.

I like the look of The Holiday Inn and Krabi La Player resort.

Is there anyone that has stayed in both and can recommend either?

Would be great to hear any advice on those that have. Holiday Inn is a little more expensive but would be great to hear if its worth the extra money.

thanks

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
99 reviews
1. Re: Holiday Inn Krabi VS Krabi La Playa resort

Not stayed at holiday inn but Krabi La Playa is my hotel of choice whenever we stay in Ao Nang (which is twice a year) and we always get a pool access room (112) because we like nothing more than a late night dip to cool us down. We love it and have stayed there for the last 5 years so would thoroughly recommend it.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
2. Re: Holiday Inn Krabi VS Krabi La Playa resort

We are looking into Krabi la Playa too. Is it close to the center? Is it easy to book tours and boats for the daily trips? Someone was a bit complaining that it's quite a walk to the center.

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
83 reviews
3. Re: Holiday Inn Krabi VS Krabi La Playa resort

Heading off to Krabi La Playa in a couple of weeks (first time). From the reviews on TA their in-house tour organiser is excellent - helpful, efficient & very competitive.

The location is pretty good - lots of shops, restaurants & bars nearby and the street food stalls are just opposite the hotel.

The beach is about a ten minute walk away but Tuk tuks are in abundance throughout the day & evening.

There's not really a 'centre' in Aonang - mainly two or three long streets with bars, restaurants etc.

The reviews indicate the hotel is in a quiet location but handy for everything.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
4. Re: Holiday Inn Krabi VS Krabi La Playa resort

If it's only ten minutes to the beach, I can manage just by walking. It's not that far away on foot if the raod is decent. Or the path or whatever...I know there is no center, what I meant was the fun and noise aNand everything. I really don't want to be in the middle of it but I wouldn't mind getting there easily. Do you know what the beach looks like? Is it wider?

I heard they organise pretty competitive trips, Wan is in charge I think. I may rely on him with my Maya Bay trip . I would like to be there really early in the morning.

London, United...
Level Contributor
774 posts
83 reviews
5. Re: Holiday Inn Krabi VS Krabi La Playa resort

From google, Krabi La Playa is in between a beach either side, out of the centre enough to be quieter at night, and carnivore restaurant is just around the corner, quite a good spot. Negatives next to the road and presumably no beach/sea views. If you do a fly thro the camera goes very near the beach, and neither look great. The fly thro at Railay beach is really good and where you want to head for....not that I have been..yet

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
83 reviews
6. Re: Holiday Inn Krabi VS Krabi La Playa resort

From what I've gathered KLP is in a quiet spot, with a longish driveway away from the main road.

On our visit earlier this year (when I stated 'first visit' I meant to this particular hotel) we found the 'Railey' end of Ao Nang beach rather nice - the sea was calm, warm, sandy underfoot & appeared clean.

There were plenty of Tuk tuks if you don't fancy walking anywhere.

We shall be there in a couple of weeks so will post a review on our return.

7. Re: Holiday Inn Krabi VS Krabi La Playa resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2017, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang