We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
3 posts
Save Topic
Surf fishing

Hello everyone

Any advice for beach fishing? Would like to catch some fresh fish for dinner, but don't want to pay $600 for a charter.Taking a couple of rods, and staying on the southern tip. First time in Cat, 5/8-5/18. What about dangers, snakes, tree sap (like Eleuthera), etc.? Want to do some night fishing also. Thanks for any advice.

13 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Surf fishing

Sorry I just caught this!!

That's good to know I had seen a link on one the resort pages and followed it all the way to the email for the Countries Fishery Chief and emailed him! Ha!

Thank you, I'll just fish on!!

Coldstream, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Surf fishing

I fished the flats on Cat in January a license is $20 per week. Best to get a license no matter what your fishing for, in fact there were tow of us and we bought the first two license on the island. We caught a few yellow jacks and trigger fish and mutton snappers at greenwood which were good to eat, caught them on silver tobies. Going back in January 2018.Try the beach at Rollez villas we caught loads of permit type fish (they looked like permit anyway)

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Surf fishing

Thanks!! I'm counting down the days!! Pardon my ignorance, but what is a permit fish?

Reply to: Surf fishing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cat Island
Recent Conversations