We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Life and Topless...Westin?

Long Island
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
Night Life and Topless...Westin?

late 30's youthful couple...thinking of a couple places down south. Can anyone tell me if my wife can go topless...what is the nightlife like in the Bahamas and we were thinking of the Westin...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,474 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Life and Topless...Westin?

I haven't been to the Westin lately, but it's was quite nice last time I was there. Hopefully someone else can give you an update.

As for topless sunbathing, public nudity is against the law in the bahamas. Resort beaches will not allow it. You may find a more private beach off the beaten track to sunbathe.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Life and Topless...Westin?

There are several amaizing secluded beaches to the east of the Westin's Lucaya Beach. Where you usually can have a portion of the beach to yourself and can do whatever you want... However, You will need a car or a scooter to get to them. Some these include:(Barbary Beach, Missle beach, And the Beach Behind New Freetown).

In terms of night life here are some good suggestions-

In Lucaya:The Port Lucaya Marketplace square, The Bahama Mama Bar, Shenanigans, The Prop Club, The International Sports Bar, The Fat Man's Nephew Resturaunt, and The Ferry House Restaurant.

Outside of Lucaya: Margarita Villa Sand Bar, Tranquility Shores, Smiths Point Wednesday Night Fish Fry, Club Caribe, And the The Travelers Rest Bar and Grill.

Best beach for a Late Night Dip dip...: Lucaya Beach, or The Beach in front of the Island Seas Resort.

You should get a copy of the book "Everything You Need To Know Grand Bahama Island". It will definitely help you decide if Grand Bahama is the right choice for you. And if you do go to the island you will you know the island like a local. You can find it on amazon.com or order it at your local bookstore.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Life and Topless...Westin?

One other good day and nightlife experience is the West End Saturday Conch Festival(not sure if it is still happening after all the hurricane damage, but if it is, it can be lots of fun). Though its definitely a journey from the Westin in lucaya.(About forty five minutes by car,-you usually can find a group shuttle or taxi for about a 100 bucks round trip.)The two main bars in that area(before the hurricane were) The Chicken's Nest, And the Star Bar.