We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scared about weather forcast for Grand Bahama?????

williamstown
3 posts
Scared about weather forcast for Grand Bahama?????

I will be arriving on Grand Bahama through discovery cruise staying at Our Lucaya Reef Village on Tuesday June 22, 2010 for 7 days. I have been checking the weather forcast and i see a storm moving in with a 95% chance of thunderstorms for almost every day. Is this typical of Bahamas weather, or is this a more extensive weather system that will last longer than an hour or 2 each day???? I am traveling with my husband and 3 kids ages 13, 11 and 6 and can't imagine being stuck inside for a week. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
7,124 posts
1. Re: Scared about weather forcast for Grand Bahama?????

It's now the rainy season in the Bahamas

that began around May 20 and runs thru

the end of October. During this time it

is very humid. With all that humidity there

is a good probability of a daily downpour

lasting from minutes to hours. While it

may not rain every day, the risk is high

due to the humidity. You may get lucky

and it won't rain at all but considering

the season, that's not likely.

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
2. Re: Scared about weather forcast for Grand Bahama?????

I'm not sure where you are reading about a 95% chance of rain each day. As there are no tropical systems near or expected to be near the Bahamas snytime soon.. That being said, it is the rainy season. So you can expect any weather forecast to call for anywhere from a 30 to 60% chance of thunderstorms any given day. But in general these are pop up and hit and miss storms. Might rain for an hour or so, clear up, and maybe rain later. Or storm at night, and clear during the day. Might pour an inch of rain or more a mile or so from where you are, and you don't get a drop. One cool part of summer weather is , that I'm sitting on the balcony here on Cable Beach and watching a spectacular lightening display from a storm several miles away that's over the ocean.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
668 reviews
3. Re: Scared about weather forcast for Grand Bahama?????

There is no 95% chance of thunderstorms or any storm moving in, don't worry. The forecast says 20% to 30% chance of isolated thundershowers every day, which is typical of anywhere in the tropics every day in the summer. No worries, likely there will be great weather, perhaps a quick thundershower in the afternoon or evening. You will not be stuck inside for a week, you will be outside enjoying yourself on the beach.

4. Re: Scared about weather forcast for Grand Bahama?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2010, 06:37
Get answers to your questions about Freeport
Recent Conversations