We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental car or taxi?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
rental car or taxi?

Hello all, My family of four will be traveling to freeport in July. We will arrive at the airport, stay 2 days at the Radisson and then 2 days at the Wyndham and then go back to the airport. What would be the approximate cost of taxis in each of the legs? Would it be based on "per person"? I always get great advice from this site so I am looking forward to the responses. Have an awesome day! Tina

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
669 reviews
1. Re: rental car or taxi?

$22.00 to the Radisson from the airport, $15.00 to the Wyndham, $25.00 back to the airport. Total cost, not per person.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: rental car or taxi?

Thank you so much for your help! You appear very knowledgeable about Freeport. Is that home or are you just a frequent visitor. Based on your information, we will forego the car rental and let someone else do the driving. Thanks again and have a beautiful day! Tina

Belmont, Michigan
Level Contributor
157 posts
50 reviews
3. Re: rental car or taxi?

We just came back from our trip to Freeport (Ocean at Taino Beach) and were very fortunate to have the best taxi driver on the island! She was the sweetest lady and we called her everytime we needed a ride somewhere. Her name is Genieve (taxi #339). She is very informative and very personal, we loved her so much, we asked to get our picture taken with her when we left. If you'd like to set up a pick up from the airport, you can call her at (242) 441-4877 or you can e-mail her at geni@coralwave.com You won't be disappointed! Have fun on your vacation! Oh, and the cost from our resort was $25. She said alot of the taxi drivers will try and get a bunch of different couples together and charge each couple the $25 rate each, but they are only supposed to charge $25 for the entire carload (good tip to know!) If you call her, tell her Jeff and Nicole from Michigan say hi!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: rental car or taxi?

That is awesome news. I wrote down the phone number and info and will definitely look her up. I will pass on your greeting. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query... Tina

5. Re: rental car or taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Freeport
Recent Conversations