We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

Lindenwold, NJ
2 posts
National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

I was wondering if I got cheated out of my money. I haven't gone yet, but was offered a vacation through them. I have to pay 82.50 for a package to be mailed to me, $99 for port/tax coasts and then of course I have to pay for airfair from philly to Ft. Lauderdale. Has anyone gone on this 4 night and 3 day vacation to Freeport. Discovery cruise takes us there from Ft. Lauderdale and it takes 5 hours for us to get there. We do get hotel accomadations to Island Palm or the Royal Palm. However the food is only included when we are on our way to the island on the boat and one meal on the way back. I have never done this before. However, I know I don't have to take part in a seminar or RCI time share crap because I won this from a drawing that I had filled out. Please let me know if someone has gone on this trip. Thanks, Jillian

Florida
1 post
1. Re: National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

I haven't done it.. but I filled out the same thing. I did it at a McAlister's restaurant.. actually just got a call from "National Traveler's Agency" saying I had won, and they gave me a number to call and a claim.. I knew I signed up for it, but I just wanted to make sure they weren't giving it to everyone and then screwing everyone out of their money. I'ma call my parents and talk to them.. they said I could sell the cruise to someone else.. lol..

here and there
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

This is a scam. They keep changing thier name, but the scam remains the same. Search the net for Security travel scams. You'll find tons of information.

You didn't win a thing.. just the opportunity to get scammed.

Binghamton, NY
9 posts
3. Re: National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

Jillian, I receieved the same phone call, same information and I'm in the process of deciding whether or not to respond to them and give them my credit card information. Im wondering if you received any feedback from them at all. Please let me know. Thanks

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

I didn't win this vacation but just returned from the a week in Grand Bahama and met a lot of people who did. Apparently everyone wins the vacation and by the time your done you have paid full price for it too. It was commonly known around the island. The people who come over on the boat said it was the most horrible experience they ever had. Most people were sick and the trip takes 6 hours and the "cruise" ship is not the type of cruise ship you might think. Most people said it was run down with no amenities. People were packed in like sardines, it was hot and everyone was sick. Then they put you in a terrible hotel, but..... the island is beautiful and if it is the only way you can afford to see this wonderful island then maybe it is worth a shot.

Grand Bahama Island
Level Contributor
528 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

The 'cruise ship" is more like a run down ferry. Most bahamians use it to go shopping (in bulk) in fort lauderdale. Including me ;D

I hate Discovery myself, but its the cheapest way to get to the US.

6. Re: National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2008, 18:22
within
1 post
7. Re: National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

oh wow i have a friend that is going for an interview this week should she take it?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,949 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

Never ceased to amaze me that there are people who honestly believe that you really get something "free", with no strings attached. If something sounds too good to be true, it is. Basically, you get what you pay for.

Florida
2 posts
9. Re: National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

Dark vixen, I would highly recommend that your friend stay away from this place. The people that work there are either high school kids who don't need to make much money, or adults who are a paycheck away from being homeless. No one works there for very long anyway.

And for anyone else, if you get a call from a place and they tell you to call back at 727-450-6139 to "get all the details", don't waste your time!

Michigan
1 post
10. Re: National Travelers Services Bahama vacation

I just got a carllsaying I won. No black out dates, 12 months to travel. Double occupancy, but had to pay an administrative fee of $77.50 per person for port taxes, etc. Meals were included for a trip to Grand Bahamas for two. Transportation to and from Fort Lauderdale would be my own expense. They gave me a claim number and a number to call to claim this transferralable prize. 1-727-450-6139.

Get answers to your questions about Freeport
Recent Conversations