We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Express Booking at Memories

New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
11 reviews
Vacation Express Booking at Memories

Hi All - Just booked an October vacation through Vacation Express after seeing the great deal first on Travelzoo.com. I have never booked through Vacation Express before and immediately became skeptical upon seeing that they only required a deposit. I travel 2-4 times a year and have never been given the option of just putting down a deposit. Upon finalizing the details of the trip - I did not receive an email confirmation. I have also reached out to the resort directly with the booking # from Vacation Express requesting confirmation and have not heard back. I am becoming panicked that this deal I booked for my family really may have been too good to be true. Writing to see if anyone else is feeling the same way or if anyone can make me feel a bit better about this booking and help me believe it is actually going to happen?

Bastrop, Texas, USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Vacation Express Booking at Memories

As a travel agent of 24 years, I can reassure you that paying a deposit, then paying the final payment 45-60 days prior is normal. Online bookers are used to paying in full, because most companies require that of you, but if you book through a professional travel agent (same price to use a travel agent by the way), you only have to pay in full if you are 45-60 days within your travel departure date at time you book, or perhaps working with one of the 10% of tour companies that require a payment in full. So it's very rare for our clients to have to pay in full right away. Vacation Express is a very legitimate company. The resort does not have your name in their system yet or Vacation Express's confirmation number in their system, because they book a group block of space from hotels, then release the client names to the hotels just 72 hours to 1 week prior to your arrival, so no need to panic because the hotel can't find it. Vacation Express owns the room block at this point so it's all under their name. If you didn't have a login created when you booked online, call Vacation Express directly to have them email a confirmation, or perhaps help setup an online account, so you can login to make your final payment when the time comes. Their number is 1.800.309.4717.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
669 reviews
2. Re: Vacation Express Booking at Memories

Vacation Express is legit, no worries. Have a great time!

3. Re: Vacation Express Booking at Memories

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2016, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Bahama Island