We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

DC
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Trip Report

I just returned from a girls weekend at Atlantis. Everyone was so nice about answering my questions I figured it was good to do the same. We went for just three nights. We booked the beach tower ocean view but we were upgraded when we arrived to the Coral Tower. I was never clear as to why as it seemed like the Beach Tower was open, but we went with it :)

Room was great and had a fantastic veiw. 9th floor. Eveyone said it was far from most things but the walk to the main water park was only 10 minutes and it was a very pretty walk. Also, if you just want a pool and the beach they are literally outside your door. We didn't eat much at Atlantis. The first night we went to the Point for dinner. It was just average and typical resort prices. It was kind of dead though so that was a bit disapointing but the view was nice. The next morning we went for a walk down the beach and ended up at the Dune at the One and Only. Fantastic breakfast with an incredible view. For lunch we would eat at the beach bars on the property. Food was kind of awful but the prices were fine (I mean that is what I expected for the resort). We went to Matisse and the Poop Deck for dinner. Matisse was fantastic and the Pooop Deck was very good but the service is not great. The beaches were gorgeous and although the property was a bit run down in places it was still so much fun. It did get really croweded one day (sat btw 12-3) and it was difficult to find a chair with an umbrella but the staff was very helpful with that. In fact, EVERYONE was very nice and helfpul. We really had no issues. Great trip. We expected a Las Vegas environment plopped down in the middle of the Ocean. that is what it was. If you come with those expectations you will enjoy it.

Oh and arrive for your flight home 3 hours in advance. We arrived 2 hours early and almost missed our plan.

Have fun!

Houston
Level Contributor
319 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the resport! We are leaving in 5 days and can't wait!

Warrenton, Virginia
Level Contributor
295 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Trip Report

What happened with your outbound flight? What was the problem?

United States
Level Contributor
27,700 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Trip Report

Thank you for your very good Trip Report!

Which Poop Deck did you visit, the one near the bridge or Sandy Port, the one near Cable Beach?

I looked at the breakfast for The Dune and it seemed fairly expensive. What did you have there? Were toast and potatoes included with the two eggs and bacon or sausage breakfast (it's listed as a la carte)?

Houston
Level Contributor
319 posts
59 reviews
4. Re: Trip Report

Did you have any rain while you were there? The weather forecast is saying 20-30% rain while we are there next week. Just wondering....

DC
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Trip Report

on the outbound flight......there were no problems but the lines for checkin, security and then customes were very long.........so you need to give yourself time.

As for the Dune yes it is expensive but very good and the view is gorgeous. The sides are a la carte. I had the fritata and it was plenty for me.

No rain last week. It was gorgeous!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Trip Report

It will always say 20-30% rain. Its the Caribbean, so you can expect brief rain showers almost always, but they never last very long. I'd say unless theres a major storm system moving through, I usually take the 'scattered showers' with a grain of salt.

Houston
Level Contributor
319 posts
59 reviews
7. Re: Trip Report

Ok. Thanks ecto. That's what I thought! 44 hours and counting!

Williamstown, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8. Re: Trip Report

enjoyed your trip report. we are coming in 5 days and staying at the cove. How are their hair dryers or should I bring my own

DC
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Trip Report

I can't answer that. I have very curly hair so I never use one

Ohio
Level Contributor
102 posts
41 reviews
10. Re: Trip Report

I agree about the Airport. We cut it very close as well.

The lines were very long. Much longer than I expected.

It's not the most efficient system. Just give yourself about an extra hour.