We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream Catcher

Auburn...
3 posts
Dream Catcher

Has anyone stayed in Dream Catcher or know anything about it?

midwest
Level Contributor
102 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Dream Catcher

Did anyone ever respond to this? From what I've heard, it's not overly luxurious. Classified more as moderately furnished. Has a nice price though.

East Hampton, New...
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Dream Catcher

Dream Catcher is a lovely 3BR suite home with a view that doesn't stop. It's easily accessible too, no crazy inclines approaching the house....a plus in my book.

The exterior deck and pool area is as big as the interior of the well appointed house and the large hottub is perfect for nighttime stargazing. Grilling poolside is also the way to go. All in all Dream Catcher is a true find for the value on the island. Location, location, location!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
3. Re: Dream Catcher

my brother & his wife stayed here in june & said it needs some serious updating. things were broken or just plain run-down.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,160 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Dream Catcher

Only a year ago the following reviews was posted on VIOL message board. Unless things have really changed, it sounds like the property needs alot of work.

** Run down and DIRTY. Lots of things broken - showers, toaster, patio furniture, pool tiles, light and grout. Furniture old and really dirty, pool and mats really dirty. This place needs major clean-up and work. CV offered discount for villa condition and lack or service, we were told it would be closed for a month for repairs.... After 5 years....moving on. **

East Hampton, New...
2 posts
1 review
5. Re: Dream Catcher

Everything has been upgraded and repaired at Dream Catcher. If the villa presented dirty in the past then that is managements fault. My aunt is the owner and she addresses each issue as it comes up. The interior and exterior was just painted, tiles fixed and fixtures replaced. All of the cushions and upholstery in the house was replaced a year ago as were all of the lights and faucets in the bathrooms. I know my aunt tries extremely hard to keep it up and present it nicely. It's not extravagant but it is comfortable and any disses at this point in time are unwarranted. I'm visiting the house now and can honestly say this place is awesome. She probably won't like it when she finds out I borrowed her computer to post this but someone had to tell it like it is. Bottom line it's a great house which you shouldn't hesitate to visit.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,160 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: Dream Catcher

ah, I understand what you're saying, but if your Aunt kept Dream Catcher up as far as maintenance goes, then there wouldn't be reviews posted on this or any other forum like there has been.

Maybe she has done what should have been done earlier, but people definetly have been there when it needed alot of work.

Believe me, I was in the same situation in 2007 and there's no need for any property to get to the condition where it gets bad reviews.

Level Contributor
356 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Dream Catcher

ah, if it's truly the management company's fault and the owner didn't see the property for a long time or hear feedback about its condition, then it would be prudent to change management firms. There are several management firms representing villas on St. John, some of them located on island rather than managing from afar. The ones that charge a 5% fee to renters with little or no service to show for it are sometimes avoided by people looking at villas.

Just a thought. If a lovely villa went into disrepair and it's really the management firm's fault, seems like a good idea to change management.

Level Contributor
356 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Dream Catcher

I also just noticed that you resurrected a 3 year old thread to give kudos to your aunt's villa.

I'm glad that in a later post you mentioned your relationship to the owner. It helps people to know where an opinion is coming from, so thank you for that.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,160 posts
40 reviews
9. Re: Dream Catcher

Good PI work chicago!! I didn't even notice that.

10. Re: Dream Catcher

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 14:31
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Islands...
More Virgin Islands National Park Topics