We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideal kids age at Maho Bay/Cinnamon Bay

1 post
Save Topic
Ideal kids age at Maho Bay/Cinnamon Bay

What's the ideal age for children to enjoy Maho Bay or Cinnamon Bay? Our kids will be 3 and 5 next winter. Is that too young? Thanks.

Level Contributor
2,790 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideal kids age at Maho Bay/Cinnamon Bay

We have taken our son since he was 4.5 months old so I think any age is a good age.

Maho beach seems to attract lots of families with kids. I suspect it is because of the ease of parking, the shallow water and the generally very calm water.

From the parking lot, Cinnamon will be a longer walk but there are facilities at the beach.

Are you thinking of camping?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,226 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideal kids age at Maho Bay/Cinnamon Bay

For camping at those two spots those ages are good. The trick is that you are going to need to walk them to the bathroom. I started letting my daughter hit the bathroom by herself at Maho campground when she was 6.

There are a lot of kids that age at both locales. At Maho, we had the youngsters making their beach plans together.

Cheers, RickG

3. Re: Ideal kids age at Maho Bay/Cinnamon Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Islands...
More Virgin Islands National Park Topics