We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral World - Turtle & Sea Lion Encounters

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Coral World - Turtle & Sea Lion Encounters

Hello!

My husband and I are interested in doing the turtle encounter and the sea lion swim at Coral World while we're in St. Thomas as part of a cruise. Our ship docs at 8am and the first available turtle encounter is at 10am. There are sea lion swim reservations at 11:15 and 12:45. Has anyone participated in either/both of these activities? Could we make it for the 11:15 sea lion swim? I don't know how long the turtle encounter lasts or if they have any rules about being able to only do one type of encounter. I emailed Coral World but never heard back so I'm hoping the CC community might have some info.

Thanks so much for whatever insight you all might have

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,160 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Coral World - Turtle & Sea Lion Encounters

You should call Coral World directly. Their number is 340-775-1555.

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,763 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Coral World - Turtle & Sea Lion Encounters

This is the TA community not CC community.

I have done the sea lion encounter, but no sea turtle. Guess I should do that one soon!

I would book the 12:45 sea lion because I like wiggle room. If someone is late to either tour you could be stressed or rushed. I used my time between activities touring the Coral World exhibits and feedings. Taking photos of lorikeets and iguanas can keep you busy between encounters.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Coral World - Turtle & Sea Lion Encounters

We did the turtle swim a couple of years back. It was pretty cool. My kid wants to do the Sea Lion swim, but I am reluctant. The things look all fangs and fish breath.

If you check the times for the events, and they seem to be sufficiently far apart, you can probably go for it. The additional encounters are pretty timely since someone else may be scheduled right behind you.

If you have time between events, you can head over to Coki beach for a snack or snorkel.

I also recommend the Snuba, but use the one through coral world. There is an off site one that, although has more instruction time, doesn't go onto coral world "property".

enjoy!

VI
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
4. Re: Coral World - Turtle & Sea Lion Encounters

Hello Joe

yes, you can do the 10am turtle encounter and the 11:15am Sea lion Swim.

The turtle encounter last 40 minutes allowing you 30 minutes to check-in for the sea lion swim.

if you need further assistance, please e-mail marketing@coralworldvi.com

cheers,

5. Re: Coral World - Turtle & Sea Lion Encounters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2017, 06:17